Howdy guys, I'm Lauren and it's swell to meet ya. I'm taking a wild guess here that most of you are British? Ok, I'm just gonna pretend that you are, what with Rachel being British. As for me? I live in South Africa but I spent an amazing year in London not so long ago. After spending a good twenty minutes scratching my head over what to write about, I thought why not take this opportunity to reminisce about London. 'Cuz I miss it. Alot. Occasionally I'll just take a moment to pretend-swipe my old Oyster Card. It's kinda sad, I know. (And oh yes - I do know that London doesn't constitute 'Britain!')
So here are ten things I miss about London Town. (I tried hard to not write Topshop ten times over).
1. The smell of that sooty underground. Who knew one could miss dark, rat-infested tunnels so much?
2. That bloke that pedals papers at Embankment station and yells 'Final!' at unsuspecting pedestrians. Ya got me once guy!
3. Wagamama's Chicken Katsu Curry. My word. The meal of Kings.
4. Krispy Kreme. WHY DON'T WE HAVE THESE IN SOUTH AFRICA?
5. Topshop, Primark, New Look - you guys have streets lined with fashion stores. Streets of 'em!
6. Starbucks. It's everywhere. I felt like an Olsen twin sipping those bad boys!
7. Public transport and services that work for the most of the time. Oh Africa. We need to step up our game.
8. Creme Egg McFlurry's. Whoever thought of that inspired combo - you are a genius.
9. CAMDEN TOWN. And Brick Lane. So much vintagey goodness.
10. Christmas parades. Easter hunts in the pub.The Brits know how to throw a party.
Thanks for having me Rachel. And London, you're pretty darn cool.