As people who have been reading my blog for a long time will know, while I lived in London for 9 months and I moved back to Canterbury for the Summer in March, I usually mean to spend a week in every month at my other home in Brittany, Northern France. Because I've been in London, and because we've been launching Pilgrims Nook Holiday Cottages I could not believe it when I looked at my calendar and realised that I have not been to France in over 9 months things have been so hectic. 9 months is way too long, so on Sunday morning I'm going to be heading off to France for a week, and hopefully a trip or two to my favourite haunts of Cancal and St Malo and a generally well deserved holiday. One of the reasons it is really going to be a holiday for me is I have no phones and internet in France so I'll truly be unplugged. I've got some posts lined up for while I'm away, including lots of pictures from various AW12 press days I attended in London a few weeks ago. I'll be back with lots of French photo diaries and food features, but you can see my French post archive here!
1. The amazing view of the London City skyline out of the window of the flat Kathryn is moving out of this week. On the far left, the almost completed Shard, then the Gherkin and the financial district. I could not fit it in the picture, but she could also see London Eye and St Pauls this year. | 2. The amazing walls of The Breakfast Club, Soho. | 3. Editing my photos for my Diamond Jubilee post still dressed up as a Seventies flower girl. | 4. Blogger Off Duty: Still wearing the flower garland I made at the MINKPINK party, listening to my iPod and reading Foam on the train from London Victoria to Canterbury East. | 5. MINKPINK cocktails - I love fun 3D tropical fruit straws! | 6. I told Kathryn it was not the weather to be driving in a convertible, but she just would not listen to me - so cold, and thank god my hair was tied up that day!
- These blogger branding tips are absolutely awesome.
- If you watch New Girl and The Hills you have to watch this video.
- I need some TomTom jewellery in my life, especially one of these statement necklaces.
- Scott Schuman and Garance Dore's views on street style blogging are really interesting.
- Emily has written a brilliant guide to bedroom decor and style tips.
- This outdoor restaurant indoors is pretty rad.
- Taylor's Single Girls Guide To Fashion Blogging post is fantastically written, and a must read for all single, female style bloggers.
- I post these a lot, but here is a pretty awesome interview with Adam Levine.
- WWD has written a really interesting article on brands working with bloggers for big money.
- Taylor has written a really handy guide to getting the most out of Pinterest.
- Can I go have a meal and/ or afternoon tea at The Dorchester please?
- Phuong has posted some travel photos from Athens, one of my favourite European cities.
- A must read for bloggers who blog for business: Why your blog title is killing your credibility.
- This is how one should fly.
- Mad Men inspired office lunch ideas.
- I really love The Glitter Guide's idea of having a No Bake Dessert Party.
Just a note to let you know that I'm taking part in a blogger challenge while I am away from Cox & Kings, a company that provides tailor made holidays. My packing guide for a dream trip to Sorrento in Italy will go off while I'm in France which is my entry, but you can view my accompanying Pinterest board now if you want! I had such fun putting the post together - I really must travel more so I can have more luxury holidays to blog about!
Finally, my amazingly talented fashion friend Eleanor has entered to be one of the interns who get to take over and edit the October issue of Elle and it would be amazing if you could support her entry by liking it on Facebook and sharing it on Twitter (as well as actually reading it)!
What have you been enjoying this week?