On Sunday afternoon I arrived back from my lovely French holiday well rested and eager to go again - though it was such an incredible feeling to be without my phone and an internet connection for an entire week! Apart from that, the week has been rather normal aside from what you now know was my interview at the American Embassy in London on Tuesday to get my visa approved for my move to Los Angeles in September! Thank you for all your wonderful and sweet congtatulations messages: they really meant a lot to me. Last night after an afternoon at the beach where I accidentally turned into a lobster I headed back to school for the first time since I left last Summer for what was my favourite event on the school calendar - the sunset jazz concert on the lawn in front of the Cathedral that always kicks off the last week of the school year.
1. The stunning blue sea on a little beach tucked away on Cotes d'Amour in Brittany, Northern France. I adore the ocean, and on every beach we stopped at the part of our coast we had not yet explode I took off my shoes and wandered down to the sea to walk through the spray for a while - and getting hideously sunburnt during the process! | 2. Delicious iced smoothies at Chambers of Canterbury. | 3. Une Eclaire Chocolate et une Flan Apricot from a lovely little patisserie in Antran, a village near us in France. | 4. Chorizo scrambled eggs, pancakes and hash browns from Chambers. | 5. In the seaside town of Cancal, one of my favourite Brittany haunts there is a small fish market at the foot of the pier selling mussels and oysters. The oysters come ready to eat on a tray with half a lemon and people sit on the walls by the oyster beds eating, then discarding the shells and lemons onto the pebble beach so that now there is a mountain of discarded shells and lemons there which is actually pretty amazing once you realise what it is. | 6. Canterbury Cathedral at night.
- IFB's guide to when bloggers should charge for a service and when I think they should do it for free, is bang on.
- I think this statement necklace DIY is absolutely fantastic.
- Advice From A Twenty Something's post on landing your first job actually made me stop and think for a bit about my own expectations in the world of work.
- Essie, my all time favourite nail polish brand have opened a salon in New York. All I need them to do now is open one in Los Angeles and I'll be all set!
- Lets make a pastel swirl cake.
- 10 Surefire Ways To Fail As A Blogger.
- I need me some of these sheer American Apparel nail polishes!
- Why you really must buy and use unsalted butter.
- 7 Sunscreen myths debunked.
- Anyone at all interested in learning how to cook, learn to make a good chicken stock!
- USA readers, make a makeup organiser out of your old Birchboxes.
- I need to go out for dinner in Florence.
- Myths about working from home that I think every girl who does this can agree with! (via Gala Darling)
- I will be taking heed of Anna's In Flight Facial on my way to Los Angeles in September.
- I love the makeup backstage at Jeremy Scott SS12.
- Nails Inc have named a new nail polish after my favourite place in London: Westbourne Grove.
What have you been enjoying this week? Anyone posted any amazing travel pictures from their Summer holidays yet or any delicious food snaps from around the world I can drool over?