This week has been a week spent at home; working, making and eating some more Innocent Smoothie Boozy Popsicles, and working some more. Not letting the opportunity of this wonderful week of sunshine that is supposed to break this evening slip past, I volunteered to run some errands in Canterbury on Monday and also picked up some amazing Yves Saint Laurent makeup goodies in the tale end of the sale, and again yesterday to have lunch with Kathryn. This afternoon we're heading off to have a barbecue on the beach - I have been looking forward to it all week, and I made potato salad for the occasion!
1.Mixed platter for two at Cafe Du Soleil in Canterbury. | 2. Fresh cut white roses in my bedroom. | 3. In Saturday's Times there were a couple of recipes inspired by Cabana Brazilian Barbecue in London. Obviously the recipe for Brazilian Barbecue Prawns was too much to resist - totally delicious too! | 4. Banana & Nutella Swirl Breakfast Muffins, recipe from The Londoner. | 5. Love Lane, one of my favourite road signs in Canterbury. | 6. A beautiful day on the River Stour.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers has written a very interesting and very true piece about the power and influence of mid tier fashion bloggers.
- I need to visit San Francisco again sometime while I'm living in California next year, if only to visit and stuff my face at this awesome looking pizza truck.
- Kate Moss for Rag & Bone? Yes please!
- I have bookmarked Refinery 29's Los Angeles Beauty Black Book.
- Los Angeles' Palm Trees may be imported, but they're still bloody awesome.
- A must read: Ethics In Fashion Blogging.
- The Beauty Department has put together a fantastic DIY guide to beauty touch ups that are small enough to fit in your purse or clutch.
- Can someone please explain to me why the LA Food Festival is during the only bit of the next 14 months I'm not going to have a US Visa for?
- The dirty truth about Organic food in America (and probably Britain too!)
- Amanda has some great tips on what couples should bear in mind before moving in together.
- I need to get my hands on some of these Benefit tips and tricks boxes.
- Quick eats by Joy The Baker on The Everygirl.
- There is no way that I won't be visiting this super chic Los Angeles makeup lounge.
In other news, this week over at Grazia Daily along with some of my fellow bloggers and the Grazia beauty editors I've shared what beauty products are essential to my workout - for me, what products I use to re-hydrate my skin when I get out of the swimming pool. Also, if you have not already, I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for my beauty blog, The Glossy Guide in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, when it has been nominated as Best New Beauty Blog!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?