How amazing was the Olympic Opening Ceremony? I settled down to watch it after an afternoon sunbathing and barbecuing on the beach, and it really made me proud to be British. I have not caught much of the games, not being one to watch sport of television, but I hope to catch some of the Rowing finals, especially the Mens Eight, as I always enjoy a bit of my old sport! I hope everyone has had a great week - I'm getting ready for my leaving party tomorrow - lots of cooking and baking involved, which I love!
1. A little outfit post preview featuring a beautiful Ness & Pepper silk scarf. | 2. Barbecuing on the beach. | 3. My new favourite Yves Saint Laurent Gold nail polish, such an amazing formula. | 4. Sunbathing and chilling on the beach in the two tone sunglasses the guys at Breo sent me, and my Figleaves bikini. | 5. A round up of my favourite July products on The Glossy Guide. | 6. Homemade Kung Po Chicken.
- The Savvy Girls Guide to Striking A Pose.
- If you love Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara and you live in the UK, this is for you.
- I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I want a copy of Lauren Conrad's new beauty book.
- I adore this Summer purple and gold eye makeup on The Beauty Department.
- The 8 Effective Habits of Acne Sufferers.
- The Everygirl features Joy The Baker. This interview made my week.
- How to discover your blogging talents.
- I need to make this Sparkly Rustic Drinks Tray DIY and have it in my life.
- I need to get my hands on some Raspberry and Vanilla infused vodkas from English Spirit to make up some delicious Summer cocktails with!
- I'm so happy I stumbled upon this perfect little guide to beautiful eateries in Los Angeles.
- 10 Pieces of Bad Fashion Blogging Advice.
- Easy Nail Art For The Mani Impaired.
- Some pretty essential beauty tips - I leant the one about cutting up product tubes to get the last bit out from my mother, and you'll be surprised how much product most people throw away!
- My absolute love for restaurant critic Giles Coran now extends to his wife now that I have found her absolutely hilarious food blog.
- Speaking of people who blog, do you watch True Blood? Jessica the Vampire has a blog!!!
Also this week, as I have done the last couple of weeks I've been sharing some of my beauty tips along with some of my fellow bloggers and the Grazia Beauty Editors over at Grazia Daily; this week, my must have beauty product for the week! Also, another quick reminder if you have not already done so, that I would really appreciate your vote in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards where my beauty blog The Glossy Guide is nominated for Best New Beauty Blog!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?