This week, the first week in August for me has been the beginning of the end, my last month in England before I move across the pond to the Sunshine State. I had an awesome leaving party (thanks to everyone who sent lovely messages hoping I'd have fun), and the next day four of us headed off to see Ted at the cinema - I was not sure I was going to enjoy it at first, but it turns out it is an absolutely hilarious film. I'm now looking to plan lots of great days, evenings and meals out with my friends and family (including a shopping trip for some last minute essentials at Bluewater, I've become so much of a Westfield Stratford girl I should revisit my old mall of choice before I go!) to make the most of the time I have left!
1. This beautiful Whistles skirt from the new collection is my first ever Instagram photo! I won't be updating again until I get my new iPhone in the first week of September, but I borrowed my Aunt's iPad when she visited to set up my account - I'm @missrachelphipps if you want to follow me! | 2. Fresh cut flowers from the Pilgrims Nook gardens. | 3. Smoked Salmon scrambled eggs for brunch at The Cider Works. | 4. Food and drink from my leaving party - Rose at The Londoner's recipes for Watermelon Martinis and Fat Free Shrimp Salsa. | 5. Speaking of that wonderful skirt, a little preview I posted on my Facebook page of Monday's post. Make sure you like the page for more of these little 'behind the scenes' updates and previews! | 6. Lots of people have been asking me what I have for breakfast every morning - fresh fruit with coconut yogurt and a tall glass of Innocent Orange Juice with bits!
- Sometimes failure is a success that has not happened yet.
- The Savvy Girls Guide To Striking Up A Conversation (with a guy).
- 5 Tasty DIY Cocktails from San Francisco's finest bars.
- I'm usually not into nail art, but I need to try Park & Cube's Faberge Egg tutorial.
- What some of your favourite style blogs original layouts and designs looked like - some, like Cupcakes & Cashmere and Fashion Toast really have come a long way!
- Easy dessert recipes for lazy people.
- Make Rose's Honey Roast Summer Peaches. This is an order.
- I love the video Camille made with H&M about her favourite places in Paris - I love France so much but I barely know Paris, so when I get back from LA I really ought to spend time there!
- The "B" Word: Is "Blogger" A Bad Word?
- Garlic as a DIY nail strengthener.
- Patricia Field's home is on The Coveteur.
- Alan Richmans 31 reasons to love ice cream - this is a lovely piece about ice cream, its flavours and its history from a wonderful perspective that I really enjoyed reading!
- How to stock the perfect bar for entertaining in your home.
- Gala Darling writes about how she went from being a depressed self harming teenage goth to the psychedelically coloured paragon of self love she is today.
Finally, another quick reminder if you have not already voted that The Glossy Guide, my beauty blog has been nominated for 'Best New Beauty Blog' in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, and I'd really appreciate your vote!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?