Greetings from Los Angeles! Today marks the end of my first week in California, and I must say it has been pretty amazing. Aside from settling into my new apartment with my amazing roommates, getting to know my neighbourhood and getting myseld orientated with the UCLA campus I've taken day trips to my local mall (we all know how much I love to shop!), Beverly Hills and another local neighbourhood called Brentwood which has some great food places and lovely indie stores. Also, I just wanted to thank all of you for your messages of good luck for LA and UCLA, and all your lovely messages hoping that I've been enjoying it so far - I cannot begin to describe how much it all means to me to hear from you guys, so thank you so much!
1. Look familiar? This is where I went on Tuesday. | 2. I adore this cute bear honey bottle from Trader Joe's. It really wins the awesome American find of the week award! | 3. If your name is Rachel Phipps all roads lead to Westfield. My new local is the one in Century City. I may have made a sneaky J Crew purchase there. | 4. I visited one of the Sugar Paper, Los Angeles stores - everything was so pretty! I picked up some cards for friends and family, and I took lots of photos in store - you can see them in this blog post here. | 5. Obviously I had to check out Rodeo Drive when I was in Beverly Hills. Think Bond Street where everyone is tanned and with a lot of palm trees! | 6. The totally delicious Kosher Hot Dog with Red Onion and Sweet Relish with Sweet Potato Fries and Chipotle Mayo on the side from Barney's Gourmet Burgers at Brentwood Country Mart - an amazing shopping area with some pretty cute indie stores, including the other outpost of Sugar Paper.
- A slideshow of pictures from #FNO in London - so sad to have missed it!
- The benefits of blogging locally.
- A DIY cure for stained nails.
- I need to do this road trip sometime this year.
- What it used to be to be a Playboy Bunny - I actually really enjoyed reading this retro guidelines manual, they used actually to have to be pretty classy (ish) girls.
- Blush as eyeshadow, I've been doing this for years!
- Do bloggers really need to be at Fashion Week?
- This is why flea markets are always a good idea!
- A guide to successfully sharing clothes with your roommate.
- When you should be using synthetic makeup brushes, and when you should be using natural.
- London has been named as the worlds fashion capitol again this year. As an honorary Angeleno, I'm still allowed to be happy about this, right?
- Lessons learnt at the Lucky Fashion And Beauty Bloggers Conference in New York.
I'm going to try to do this a bit differently this season, and separate my picks from the Fashion Week coverage into a separate section of 'Weekly Love' - here are my picks from New York Fashion Week, expect dispaches about London and Paris to follow (I'm never really that bothered with Milan...)
- I love these Spring Separates and fun print dresses at the Whit Spring 2013 Presentation.
- I need to recreate the models hair at Erin Fetherston.
- My complete love affair with Kate Spade continues.
- I really adore J Crew's Spring 2013 collection. I've always loved their aesthetic, but now I've actually been in one of their stores I'm totally in love!
- Obviously it was all about Zac Posen and his runway full of gorgeous dresses and supermodels. Also, speaking of goings on at the Zac Posen show... God I love Jalouse magazine!
- I think I'm going to start wearing a lot of Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2013 inspired primary coloured stripes come next year.
- Backstage at Jason Wu.
What you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I think my weekend is going to be pretty chilled, as my orientation starts early Monday!