I have seen a awful lot of Los Angeles this week. This only half accounts for the super bumper edition of 'Weekly Love' this week! My friend Evie from London came to stay via San Francisco, so we've been out every day exploring and eating in so many of the amazing restaurants this fantastic city has to offer; look out for lots of food posts coming soon! I hope everyone back in England has been staying warm; I'm so glad I don't have to deal with all the snow this year! However, we did have about a week of uncharacteristically bitingly cold weather, but I'm sorry to say for all of you back home, the traditional LA sunshine is back in full force!
1. I love the amazing new Madewell store at The Grove in Beverly Hills. | 2. Wearing my J.Crew boots and favourite Whistles skirt, waiting outside The Sycamore Kitchen. | 3. Cold January days call for brightly coloured working lunches. | 4. Brunch at Toast in West Hollywood, my new favourite place to eat in Los Angeles: a full post about the restaurant to follow soon! | 5. Goodies from TLT, my favourite take away place in Westwood. I am munching on my leftovers from that massive dish of their amazing Steak Fries you can see in the picture as I type! | 6. Classic Los Angeles palm trees.
- Would you pay a subscription to be able to read your favourite blogs?
- Live in New York and want to be featured on Refinery 29? They're holding reader/ model castings at their offices on Tuesday - click through for more info!
- 10 Ways To Sparkle More in 2013.
- A guide to all the different types of cake frosting you could possibly imagine.
- Decoding Your Charcuterie Plate - I learnt so much from this article!
- Annie managed to catch some incredible photos of the Sydney New Years Ever fireworks.
- 16 LA Juice Bars for your New Year detox. I'm not really into that whole 'juice cleanse' thing, but I still love fresh pressed juices and Pressed Juicery has just opened a branch within walking distance from my apartment, and I can't wait to check it out!
- What your handbag holding technique says about you.
- I want to make Lemon Curd Crepes this weekend.
- The Everygirl has created a helpful guide to what you should always keep in your kitchen.
I spent a lot of time creating content, and working on post ideas for 2013 over Christmas, but after looking at the comments, Tweets and emails I got from a lot of you on my post about why I think bloggers should never take their blog for granted saying they really liked reading a bit more personal posts and I should do more of them, I have decided that I am going to take some time in posts to talk about bits of my life and my experiences - I certainly got a lot of feedback for my two part post I did for The High Tea Cast about my experience 'rushing' an American sorority! Something I seem to get loads of questions about, is what it was like to attend a boarding school, and I think now I've been out of school for about a year and a half, I can finally write about the experience of those 8 years of my childhood and teens subjectively so if anyone has any questions, anything they'd like to know about boarding school life and my experiences feel free to comment on this post, sent me a Tweet or email me - I'm planning the post for the end of the month.
This photo is from a photo shoot I did with the amazing Nicole Anderson after she interviewed me for a profile on her brand new blog; The Portraiteer where she profiles up and coming creatives, mostly based in LA but in other places too. I just want to take this moment to thank Nicole for featuring me, and for the amazing afternoon I spent with her working towards this feature. To see more photos from our afternoon, and read the interview with me, click here. Just an FYI, that afternoon I was wearing a Whistles skirt, Boden top, J.Crew boots, a trench coat from Benetton which was a gift from the guys at Zalando last Spring, and my bag and necklace are both from Hobbs - one of my go to outfits when I want to look a little glamourous!
7. A California classic; the In-N-Out burger, a little treat for lunch before my first class of the year! | 8. I spend way too much of my time in Georgetown Cupcake inhaling their chocolate ganache cupcakes. | 9. Testing the American version of the Easter Classic; the Cadbury Creme Egg. My verdict? Way, way too sweet! | 10. My first Starbucks of 2013. | 11. Raspberry and Ginger Scones made from The Joy The Baker Cookbook. | 12. Checking out the brand new Isabel Marant store on Melrose Place.
- Entertaining with Taylor Sterling.
- I adore Aimee Song's interior design skills and her enviable personal style, so it should come to no surprise to you all when I was very excited to see she had been featured on The Coverteur!
- Gala Darling has come up with some pretty awesome New Years Resolutions she is perfectly happy for you to steal for yourself.
- Anyone who enjoys eating out in London should brush up on their menu vocab with The Guardian's Hipster Food Glossary!
- If your iPhone 4 battery does not last all day, like mine, you need one of these in your life.
- Garance Dore breaks down for us exactly how she manages to make money from her blog, and it makes for a really fascinating read.
- The story behind one of my favourite brunch accompaniments; The Bloody Mary.
- How Does Makeup Make You Feel?
- 10 Apps That Will Simplify Your Blogging Business.
- Hunger Games fans? Jennifer Laurence tells Vanity Fair how she almost shot an intruder with a bow and arrow.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm heading down to Venice Beach tomorrow, and on Sunday I'm going to start work on my paper for my Milton class. Also, I'm really looking forward to the third episode of Mr Selfridge on Sunday night, it is amazing to see the story behind my favourite department store of all time!