The last two weeks for me have been all about class (by the time I post my next Weekly Love I will have made it through the final stretch to Spring Break, and I'll have turned 20 years old, rather excited about my brunch and beach plans on the 21st!), spending a lot of time at the beach during a mini LA heatwave, and cooking/ eating. An awful lot of cooking and eating! I've been testing so many different recipes I really think I'm on a role, and I'm so excited about some of the food features I have coming up in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for them and be prepared to be enticed into the kitchen, or if you live in Los Angeles out for brunch!
1. The only way to deal with Monday mornings is by frying things. | 2. To celebrate the fact that now, two months since I had my accident my nail has finally grown long enough to paint I treated myself to 'Fracas', a shade I have been coveting from Chanel's Pre-Spring beauty collection. | 3. Saturday afternoons down at Venice Beach. | 4. Indulging in one of the best lunches I've ever had at LudoTruck when I caught up with it on Wiltshire Boulevard. | 5. Cucumber sliced as thinly as I can imagine; the starting point for my Purple Cabbage Slaw with Cucumber & Dill (look out for the recipe on Monday!). | 6. Alex's Raspberry Chocolate Ruglash from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook about to go in the oven. (I posted the recipe for my own Nutella version yesterday!)
- Watercolours of food. Need I say more?
- The Ultimate Guide To London's Alternative Beauty Scene.
- I know I usually don't give a toss about celebrity and red carpet fashion, but you need to take a moment to look at Jennifer Lawrence's Dior Haute Couture Spring 2013 Oscars gown.
- My Spring/ Summer ad campaign love affair has started with La Chateau's Spring Campaign. Also, Reserved's Spring campaign.
- The 9 Best Market Stalls in London.
- Behind the scenes in a professional cupcake kitchen.
- In case you don't already know the story behing Benefit's cult Benetint.
- Every outfit Kerry Washington has worn as Olivia Pope this season so far on Scandal. Because it is not just her oh so secret, forbidden and passionate affair with the President of the United States we watch the show for, but her killer wardrobe too.
It is that time of the month again when I have another column about my life in Los Angeles up over at The High Tea Cast. This month it was requested that I do a piece on celebrity spotting, and while that is usually not my thing I managed to put together something about my own brand of celebrity watch; celebrity chef stalking in Beverly Hills! (Obviously anything I would not normally do is made Rachel friendly by food!)
7. I fancied Italian for lunch. For a super easy and super delicious lunch roughly chop ripe heirloom tomatoes into chunks, sprinkle over torn fresh basil, torn mozzarella, torn prosciutto, drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil and season well with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. | 8. Palm trees on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Now that is something you don't see on Regents Street! | 9. I tried on these Tory Burch sandals for Summer in Bloomingdale's the other day and I'm seriously considering them. What do you guys think? | 10. Contrary to popular belief I do sometimes indulge in American junk food that has not come from In-N-Out Burger. A late night Diddy Reese ice cream sandwich is a must for any Mint Choc Chip lover! | 11. Consulting the The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (which in case you have not noticed I have been on a real cooking kick from over the last few weeks!) before making the absolutely amazing Mustard Milanese. | 12. Smitten Kitchen Tomato Glazed Meatloaf and my purple slaw, recipe to follow on Monday!
- Rose attended a masterclass from Dinner's head chef in making Heston's Triple Cooked Chips. She's also recently gone Oyster hunting in Cornwall; I learnt a lot about them from her post.
- 10 Healthy Skincare Habits You Should (Maybe) Reconsider.
- This blog post is for everyone who loves a good farmers market.
- 10 Tasty LA Desserts To Satisfy That Sweet Tooth.
- This is why you should follow Gary Pepper Vintage on Instagram.
- One of the girls I went to school with has launched a brilliant new London lifestyle blog.
- How To Style A Statement Bracelet.
- I want to live in Orla Kiely's Spring 2013 campaign.
- For her university coursework, Daisy put together a great piece about blogging which she interviewed me for.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?