My recipes from my Summer Al-fresco Entertaining feature for Borough Market's Market Life newspaper are now online, click through for my recipes for Sticky Pomegranate Molasses Chicken Wings, Vinaigrette Potatoes with Capers and Shallots, Pea and Mint Bruschetta with Lemon, Avocado, Radish, Orange and Pea Shoot Salad with Honey Vinaigrette and my Peach and Pistachio Mess Jars. Also if you're looking for something less sunny and better suited to a rainy day, over at Great British Chefs I've created a recipe for a quick cheats version of a traditional Norwegian Fiskesuppe (fish soup), inspired by my trip to Ålesund last Summer.
1. Brunching on bottomless Bloody Mary's at The Commissary at The Line Hotel in Koreatown - full review of both the hotel and the restaurant to follow! | 2. Another breakfast at The Comissaary, this time their delectable smoked salmon platter, toasted bagel not included. | 3. And my final Instagram from The Line, watermelon juice and gin lounging around by their terrace pool. | 4. In the final instalment of my Box Clever series for Borough Market, click through for my recipe for a Cheats Cold Salmon Teriyaki Bento Box. | 5. Brunching on ceviche, tortilla chips, spicy salsa and watermelon mimosas at Oscar's Cerveteca in Venice. | 6. Stunning sunset walks through the spray on Venice Beach.
- Los Angeles? Here are 31 fantastic ways to kick off the Summer in the city.
- Also, Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere has updated her fantastic Los Angeles Guide.
- And, Food 52 has put together an equally as great to eat and do guide to L.A. this Summer.
- Kristabel has written a great post on how to stop comparing yourself to other people. Also, she's put together a great guide to where you can eat escaping the crowds of Oxford Street.
- 10 Things You Did Not Know Your iPhone could do.
- PUNCH has put together a great roundup of 6 great sparkling wines under $25. (Back in December, I did a similar British version of the post under £20!)
- Refinery 29 has found us London's best alfresco drinks and dining spots. Also, they've found 13 of the best places in London to dine or go for drinks on a first date in Los Angeles.
- I feel that s'mores parties need to become an essential part of British Summertime.
- 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Making Pasta Salad.
- Jacintha took a road trip around Iceland's Golden Circle.
- I'm more than slightly jealous of the food and drink at Tania's date night at No 11 Pimlico.
- Amy makes Pork & Chilli Gyoza at home, and makes it look so easy! Also, she's put together a great (mostly foodie) guide to Copenhagen from her honeymoon trip. Oh, and she's put together a great round up of her favourite places to visit in her home city of Leeds.
- In all things blue and white, I love Carrie's photos from Portugal.
- Sarah writes about the struggles of trying to set up a co-op grocery store in rural Virginia.
- i am a food blog gives us the lowdown of where and what to eat in Tokyo.
7. Happy hour $4 tacos and Thai chicken skewers, with spicy strawberry cocktails at FEED Body & Soul on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice. | 8. Local tomatoes at Santa Monica Farmers Market. | 9. Yet another beautiful Venice Beach sunset. | 10. Visiting Glossier's pop up shop in Santa Monica and meeting the lovely Emily Weiss to chat all about the line - personally, their Priming Moisturiser is my new favourite skincare product. | 11. Introducing my school friend Sophie to the world of Korean Barbecue at Soot Bull Jeep. | 12. My favourite bar snack at Zinque in Venice, their avocado and tomato tartine on imported Parisian bread, with a glass of French rose of course!
- It is all about pizza on the What To Cook Tonight blog, with more of Sophie's stunning photos.
- 5 things you can do with leftover watermelon rinds.
- America? The Everygirl properly explains the Patriot Act.
- I honestly can't wait to make this Spicy Sausage Rigatoni.
- Get excited. Kate Spade (the person, not the brand) is launching an accessories line.
- Joy visits Kim West's beautiful art studio in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Londoners? Have you ever visited Strawberry Hill?
- Molly has written a great narrative for all us recipe developers for when ideas fail. Epically.
- Martina gives us the inside track on everything there is to do, see and eat in Palm Springs.
- One of my foodie heroes, Anthony Bourdain on why In-N-Out burger is amazing.
- Lark & Linen has a wonderfully summery free desktop and smartphone wallpaper download.
- These sunset photos overlooking New York are simply breathtaking.
- What all of those Japanese food emojis really mean.
- I now want to throw a cocktail party just to make these carnation stir sticks.
- Gareth spends an evening working with the Yum Bun team at Street Feast Dalston Yard.
- Here are some great SPF products, and yes they are to use in your hair.
- Olivia has written a great post on how to stay-cation in your own city.
- Use, Regrow, Repeat: 4 Vegetables that Regrow in One Week.
- David Lebovitz takes us with him to the Kerrygold Ballymaloe Literary Festival of Food & Wine in Cork, Ireland. I think I need to go one year!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I arrived back from Los Angeles yesterday morning, so this weekend is going to be all about catching up on everything I missed while I was away on my trip, hopefully hitting off any remnants of jet lag and getting ready for the week! Though, I will be heading over to Walmer Food & Drinks Festival to check out what some of our local producers have on offer - if you're in East Kent, it is due to be a beautiful weekend so well worth a visit!