Cooking for the season is just as much about using Autumnal colours as Autumnal flavours. This month in my Borough Market column I've charted my adventures in making no-knead pizza dough (if you've made no-knead bread before, no it is not as easy as it sounds) in order to make this No-Knead Wild Mushroom, Caramelised Onion and Ricotta (my new pizza and toast topping obsession) Pizza. It is made in a sharing size, and is perfect topped off with an indulgent drizzle of truffle oil. Yes, I'm the person who has turned up at someones home as a guest with a little bottle of white truffle oil as a gift for my host, rather than a bottle of wine.
1. A steaming mug of Spiced Apple Tea in this adorable mug the team at Joules popped over to me, featuring Peggy the Hen. | 2. A sort of Full English breakfast featuring homemade hash browns, and whatever I happened to have in the fridge. | 3. Autumn leaves falling thick and fast on the trees. | 4. Shooting something of an Asian persuasion for the blog next week. | 5. Crisp and crunchy Kentish apples outside the greengrocers on Deal High Street. | 6. Editing photos with a pineapple and sage mojito in hand at No. 11 Pimlico Road.
- I want Molly's yogurt and za'atar covered eggs in a basket for breakfast every day please.
- On the topic of eggs, you can bake an egg in a bagel. This is utter genius.
- Also, I now want to have breakfast at The Ivy Cafe.
- Chilaquiles is one of my favourite breakfasts, and here is how to make them in a skillet.
- 3 stove simmers to make your home smell like the holidays.
- Tania has perfectly captured Autumn in Richmond, a part of London I've loved the few times I've visited, and that I really need to explore more.
- And more Autumn in London pictures you need to look at, this time from Claire.
- Moving out of London, Rose's photos also show why I adore Autumn in the English Countryside. In other news, I'm far too jealous of Rose's campfire breakfast. (And dinner!)
- How to Write a Resume With Little or Irrelevant Experience.
- The Glitter Guide's newest contributor Ashley shares what she has got out of her study abroad in Italy. The year I spent studying abroad in Los Angeles really changed my life, and if you every get the opportunity to do so I'd recommend you grab it with both hands.
- Jacquelyn's got some great, thought through blogging tips I can really get behind.
- What's the Difference Between Steel-Cut, Rolled, and Instant Oats?
- How to rescue a badly balanced homemade salad dressing.
- Kate takes us behind the scenes of her recipe development for her upcoming cookbook, Love Real Food, which I am really, really excited for.
- Kristabel takes us to Portugal.
7. Super beautiful and festive Christmas lights on Carnaby Street. | 8. Remembering the fallen at King's Cross Station. | 9. Post-Spectre beer and burgers at Byron in Canterbury. Now officially in love with their sweet potato fries. | 10. Lusting after all of the French cheese at No Name Shop in Sandwich. | 11. Prepping wild mushrooms for my Borough Market pizzas. | 12. Roast bone marrow, farmhouse toast and gremolata. The perfect Autumn lunchtime staple.
- Olivia has some great tips for getting in the right frame of mind for a good nights sleep.
- How to make a cranberry wreath for your front door over the holidays.
- 5 mistakes to avoid when making homemade meatballs.
- Yes, yes and yes to these Salted Caramel Mini Apple Pies.
- What Those Symbols On Your Beauty Products Actually Mean.
- Jacqulin went to San Francisco, and reminded me why I need to go back to the city.
- London? This is where you need to go for a bottomless Japanese brunch this weekend.
- I really want to try this cushion DIY.
- I've poached salmon in white wine before, but have you ever thought of roobios tea?
- When (and why) is raw fish safe to eat?
- I'm not a cider fan, so I'm afraid I'll never be sharing a mulled cider recipe with you all. So, here is Rose's delicious looking recipe instead!
- Like me, do you swear by Pyrex mixing bowls? This is how they're made in Pennsylvania.
- The Kitchn asks if eggs with blood spots in are safe to eat.
- Style Me Pretty goes behind the scenes in the simply beautiful L.A. studio of one of my favourite photographers, Gray Malin.
- How to Revive Wilty, Droopy, Squishy Vegetables.
- Into The Gloss chats makeup and beauty with Shay Mitchell.
- 10 food and shopping hotspots you need to know in Stockholm.
- Lucy's Brisbane travel guide from her recent Aussie trip has given me serious wanderlust.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?