Welcome to the first Weekly Love of 2016! So I'm tapping this out on Thursday night curled up on my sofa in comfy pajamas, my White Company cashmere bed socks and a cashmere hoodie. Because it is suddenly cold, Winter is finally here. I think my face froze off on my way back from the post office this morning. I've got BBC Question Time on in the background, and I'm munching on Hotel Chocolat Rose & Violet Creams. What I'm really getting at, is my solution to the January blues is to surround yourself with everything pretty and every cosy. I promise you it will make you feel better. Now, let us just pray it does not snow!
1. Starting off New Year Saturday brunching as I mean to go on, pancakes topped off with Blackberry Patch Blueberry Syrup (you can buy it in the World Food aisle in M&S, it is imported from America) and Sweet Rhubarb tea in my Joules Peggy Mug. | 2. Reading the latest issue of Waitrose Food while munching down a Hot Salmon, Avocado & Pumpkin Seed Salad with Creamy Lime Yogurt Dressing. | 3. Beautiful ruffled roses brighting up a January day in Canterbury. | 4. Yet more pancakes, this time of the spiced banana variety with toasted pecans and Canadian maple syrup. | 5. Pulling out a selection of my lighter cookbooks for January: Simply Nigella (my new cookbook obsession), Total's Greek Yogurt Cookbook, My Vietnamese Kitchen by Uyen Luu, A Change of Appetite by Diana Henry, the first Hemsley + Hemsley book The Art Of Eating Well and Anna Jones' A Modern Way To Eat. | 6. I'm starting to develop a serious Little Joe's Deli habit. This time? Hotdogs and Spiced Apple Juice.
- About Time Magazine were kind enough to name me as one of their bloggers to watch in 2016.
- A little insight into the making of everyones favourite podcast, Serial.
- I loved reading about Sarah's great weekend food prep routine for the week ahead.
- Lucy explores South London, from a North Londoners perspective. Also, she's posted a super colourful guide to Newcastle, Australia.
- I need to try most of the products in Kate's beauty round up of 2015.
- Also, Bloglovin' Food's round up of the most 'liked' recipe posts in 2015 is a pretty informative read for food bloggers going forward into 2016.
- And in related news, Carrie's round up of 2015 post was one of my favourites this year.
- Speaking of Bloglovin' roundups, they've put together the best of L.A. guides. (You can find my Los Angeles travel tips here!)
- Looking to visit Ireland this year? The Glitter Guide has put together a great travel guide.
- Joy shows us around her favourite places in New Orleans.
- Olivia has written a great 48 hour guide to Edinburgh, which helps cement the city for me as the one place I visited in 2015 I really want to re-visit this year.
- Ella's illustrations of life without her Mother are deeply touching. (via Amy)
- 21 Things You'll Understand If You're Compleatly Obsessed With Waitrose.
- I promise you that I don't use any of these food styling tricks.
7. I wrote about this Bulgar Wheat Salad with Kale and Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes this week. | 8. Also, I can't stop wanting to make a big serving of Strapatsada to scoop right into my mouth straight from the pan. | 9. I've got a new bath time jam with Emma Bridgewater. I've been a massive fan of their Love & Flowers shower gel for years, so I was really excited to get the candle for Christmas. Also from my stocking, I've joined the rest of the family with my own personalised Emma Bridgewater mug. With stars on. | 10. Another thing I can't stop scooping into my mouth, this Easy Black Bean & Sunflower Seed Dip. | 11. | 12.
- If you have not seen it yet: the first trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
- I need to made these DIY Green Tea and Lemon bath bombs.
- So the rest of you don't have to miss out, this vegan fish sauce recipe is genius.
- This Summer, I'm making a Seafood Boil.
- My super talented photographer friend Nicole's 2015 in review is stunning, as expected.
- 10 Smart Alternatives To A Digital Detox.
- It is January. So all I want to eat is this sushi bowl.
- An insiders guide to Reykjavik, a city I adore.
- These 30 Minute Sweet Thai Chilli Salmon Skewers are literally the most exciting recipe I have seen on the internet in quite a while.
- Hannah's post on breaking the full-time blogger read is a great lesson in reality.
- Also, Kate has some great tips for blogging on the move.
- 5 Things to Know About Your New High-Powered Blender.
- Fashion Week Daily sits down with Aimee Song.
- Okay, so who is going to join me in making this Blood Orange, Almond & Ricotta Cake?
- Tess has written a great essay on why we should not all be hating on salad.
- In other salad news, have any of you ever microwaved your salad dressing?
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm staying home to get some blog work done (I know), but no doubt I'll be cooking up a storm. I've not planned what I'll be eating for brunch yet, so keep an eye on my Instagram for my eating updates!