Can we talk about Spin for a moment? Or, that is what us Brits are calling Les Hommes de L'Ombre, my new favourite French political drama. While it is pretty obvious that I love all things television and all things politics, I'm not the only person I know who is hooked to this fictional French election following the untimely death of the President. You can catch up on the first season on 4oD, to catch up to the second which started last week. This is your new weeknight binge if, like me you can't wait for House of Cards to start March 4th, and you think that while you'll always love the show, Scandal is losing it slightly with all that crazy!
1. Avocado bagel toast + paper review + V8 juice = the perfect Sunday morning. | 2. Flowers for sale in the Winter sunshine outside Canterbury West Station. | 3. Greeting the locals on my afternoon walk. | 4. Yet more beautiful blooms, this time outside Liberty London. | 5. Valentines Day breakfast of Innocent cherry smoothie, Heck 'Peck' heart shaped sausages and Bloom & Wild roses (get 15% off using RACHELBLOOMS at the checkout!) | 6. Geeky Saturday afternoon Winter bath time with Diptyque's Freesia scented candle, REN's Otto Rose bath oil, Lush's Mint Julips lip scrub and my latest political paperweight!
- Even when I lived in L.A. I was never that fussed about going to Mexico. But now, Rose's photos from her beach and guacamole Tulum getaway make me want to hop on a plane.
- Food 52 taste test all the different regional flavours of Japanese Kit Kat.
- Also, I want to make these Japanese inspired avocado toasts.
- I feel that these Rosé Champagne Mojitos are an excellent idea.
- I really want to try this. Instead of throwing away your pineapple skins, this is how to use them to brew a delicious looking hot or iced pineapple tea.
- This guide to Port Douglas is yet another reason why I need to go on a beach tour of Auz.
- Design Love Fest has found us 10 L.A. cocktail bars you need to get to know. Also, they've created 5, awesome free fonts for everyone to use. I'm a fan of 'Bodini'.
- This is a Shakshuka Focaccia. You can thank me later.
- Anne-Sophie goes climbing with the monkeys in Burma.
- This is how you make your own ricotta.
- Sam went on a food tour of Israel. Can I go please? Here is her post from the Sarona Market.
- I wish Paradise Garage had been open when I lived within walking distance.
- The Everygirl has some great tips for running a successful lunch meeting.
- This is how to make homemade beef jerky, in case you'v ever wanted to have a go!
- Fellow London seafood addicts? We need to try Prawn on the Lawn.
- Dianne Jacob's round up of links for food writers has basically filled my entire browser up with tabs I'm excited to dive into. (via Amy)
7. Stunning sunsets out of our office window. | 8. Fiery orange tulips just off Canterbury High Street. | 9. A super special Valentines from Graze; they send me a special double decker box and went though my account so that they could fill it with all of my favourite snacks! (You can get your 1st, 5th and 10th box free - but you can cancel after the first box if you like - using the code RACHEL86P!)
- In case you've ever been curious, this is what it is like to be a contestant on Take Me Out.
- Okay, so now I want to take a mustard bath.
- This is why cakes crack in the oven, and how you can prevent it happening.
- Yes, I too think we should be eating salads for breakfast.
- Why Jen does not live in London. And why that is totally okay.
- This fanfic is written as if they were the Muggle tasked with becoming Hogwarts IT guy when they finally figured out how to get electronics to work in the castle. And it's bloody brilliant.
- I think a deep dish quiche lorraine is a very, very good idea.
- When Summer arrives, I don't think you're going to be able to stop me making this Grapefruit and Campari Sorbet. It sounds like the perfect grown up after dinner treat.
- While California may have my heart, Arizona looks absolutely awesome.
- I love imaginative twists on classic cocktails that bring them away from their country of origin, so I can't wait to mix up a could of these Italian Paloma's.
- This is how they make Club Sandwiches in India.
- Read this. Now how wants to hold their own soup swap?
- I want to DIY this gold and leather clutch.
- This is the history of the Chicago deep dish pizza.
- Harriet went to Canterbury. I love seeing our city through other peoples eyes!
- Amy has made Vegan Coconut Brownies. I think people who eat a regular diet make and develop the best free-from recipes.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm starting an exciting, month long brand partnership on Monday so I'll be in the kitchen adding the finising touches - stay tuned!
Check out 10 Easy Salmon Suppers To Enjoy Now
by Rachel Phipps at Mode