Who is after a couple of easy, sunny, Italian inspired weeknight suppers that you can throw together in half an hour or less? In collaboration with Cooks & Co. I've created two such recipes for Great British Chefs which are perfect if you want something easy, but fancy for dinner after work tonight. Click through for my recipes for Sun-dried Tomato and Avocado Spaghetti, and for a really exciting Roasted Red Pepper Panzanella. Enjoy!
1. Dressing for the sunshine in my favourite striped Jigsaw tee (which they have brought back for a new season) and my brand new, pretty blue relaxed fit Boden cardigan. | 2. Toasting the Bank Holiday Weekend. | 3. A healthy cooked breakfast with Heck's Zesty Chicken Sausages, roasted cherry tomatoes, mixed salad, a dry fried egg and an Innocent Strawberry & Banana Smoothie. | 4. Beautiful red, pink, orange and white blooms at The Flower Station outside Canterbury West Station. | 5. Day off Passionfruit Caipirinha's at Cabana in Covent Garden. | 6. Beautiful woodland bluebells.
- An important read from Food 52: when it is actually safe to re-freeze food.
- Food 52 has also written a fascinating feature on the significance of food in Shakespeare's plays. Did you know it was in one of his plays the word 'anchovy' first appeared in English?
- The Everygirl's weekend guide to Sonoma. So when am I heading back to the West Coast?
- Also, here are some of the best independent boutiques in Los Angeles.
- The pros and cons of working for yourself.
- The rise and fall of plastic toys in boxes of kid's cereal.
- HonestlyYum takes us on a (food heavy) tour of Santo Domingo.
- Here are 20 travel tips that are actually rather excellent. (via Amy)
- Sarah is a woman after my own heart with her almost entirely blue and white wardrobe.
- Rebecca shares some thoughts on creating your own stock photo library as a blogger.
- A Couple Cooks has put together a handy guide to Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Claire spent a simply stunning weekend in Oxford. I did not approach the afternoon I spent wondering around last year with any sort of plan, but I need to go back!
- I know I've expressed this wish before, but Lauren has me wanting to host a seafood boil.
- This is a great guide on how to spatchcock a chicken, with photos.
- Tania took some stunning sunset photos over the French Alps.
- Lucy spent a colourful weekend in Whitstable, just down the road from me.
- Jennifer explores the pros and cons of the swimsuit selfie.
- Beauty lessons learnt from a year living in Japan. Also, it's cherry blossom season.
7. Beautiful blue, late Spring skies. | 8. Another great thing about the new season? White jugs filled with colourful tulips all over my kitchen. | 9. My favourite roasted squash on toast with homemade harissa and labneh to go from the Pop Up Cafe in Deal. | 10. A fantastic Saturday lunch at The Duke William in Ickham - blog post to follow! | 11. | 12.
- Sarah has nailed - in perfect detail - how to make the perfect devilled egg.
- Rose's trip to Lake Garda has me wanting to hop on a plane to Italy.
- Anne-Sophie has put together a fantastic, insiders guide to traveling in Iceland. She also has some great tips to bear in mind when planning a trip to Japan.
- Food 52 has put together a great guide on how to choose the best spirits for mixing cocktails.
- I am totally down with this instant Bloody Mary update.
- Mulia takes us on a mouthwatering food tour of old Dubai.
- Fans of my Super Simple 3-Step Chocolate Brownies take note: this is why cocoa powder makes the very best brownies of all.
- Inside the crazy world of foodie Instagram influencers. (via Amy)
- This is why the Queen has two birthdays.
- This is how Olivia spent 48 hours in Cambridge, and it looks idilic.
- Granada is rather beautiful. Oh, and elsewhere in Spain, Ronda has breathtaking views.
- This is why your honey crystallises.
- What happened when this reporter tried a juice cleanse reinforces why I'm never going on one.
- Sophie's photos of Summertime in Australia make me want to jump on a plane.
- IFB reviews new software that lets you post to Instagram from your computer.
- Speaking about Instagram, I'm all over Carrie's blogger heavy Paris hen do hashtag.
- Did you know that the Margarita was actually created by accident? Also, how the Margarita has cemented itself into the Californian (read: Los Angeles) landscape.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? It is supposed to continue to be hot and sunny today through to Monday, so obviously barbecued meats (did you know all of my barbecue recipes are gathered together under one tag?) and nice cold beers are in order.
Check out 16 Salads That Don’t Involve Lettuce Leaves
by Rachel Phipps at Mode