Happy English Wine Week everyone! After almost a week basically eating and drinking my way around the Dordogne Valley, it is time to turn to wine much closer to home. I'm passionate about getting more people, especially more people in their twenties drinking English wine. Especially here in Kent we have some frankly incredible vineyards, so perhaps this weekend if you have not got plans (and the sun is shining) go and show your local vineyard some love and have a taste of what they have to offer. Last year for Buzzfeed I put together a roundup of 17 English vineyards you really ought to know about, pinpointing destinations from Cornwall, to Yorkshire, to Sussex, even to Jersey, which you may find helpful!
1. Golden hour in Sarlat. | 2. Medieval archways at the UNESCO pilgrimage site of Rocamadour. I've already edited so many great photos from there I can't wait to share with you all next week! | 3. Steak, tacos, frozen margaritas and giant salad bowls at DF/Mexico in Shoreditch. I took loads of photos for a review, which I'll try and share once I'm done with all my France posts! | 4. Radishes, carrots and peas for sale at Sarlat's famous Saturday morning market. | 5. Kicking off English Wine Week in the garden at The Duck Inn with a bottle of Gribble Bridge from one of Kent's oldest modern wineries, Biddenden Vineyard. | 6. Beautifully fragrant local strawberries, again at Sarlat market. I've got loads of photos from there to share too, promise!
- This is a stupidly easy and wonderful way to upgrade your fried eggs.
- Here is what to do in Akihabara, Toyko.
- Baking You Better is a great new blog full of delicious recipes for people with anxiety issues. I also really want to make this Rosemary & Pesto Foccacia.
- This video of Blake Shelton trying sushi for the first time is everything.
- America? These are the best Trader Joe's wines under $10. Also, S'mores M&M's are coming!
- Rose went to Mykonos and it looks frankly magical.
- Jacquelyn's mini guide to Mexico is worth a read. Margaritas anyone?
- Carin has shared some beautiful snapshots from the Cannes Film Festival.
- Here is a fantastic beginners guide to Copenhagen.
- Lisbon appears to have the most beautiful fronted buildings. And Porto.
- An Instagram road trip to a really, really pretty part of England.
- Ruby Tandoh has it bang on when she talks about wellness diets. While I am a fan of some of the people she mentions, I only believe their dishes should be eaten as apart of a wider diet.
- This floral getaway and dinner party is simply dreamy.
- Why it actually pays to be a mid-tier blogger.
- Here are 9 things you need to know before visiting the Basque country in Spain. Also, here are my blog posts from the region for good measure.
- I want everything from Cupcakes & Cashmere's new bedding and lighting collection.
- This is how you make crystalized flowers.
7. Pretty white painted beach huts on Walmer sea front. | 8. My first taste of a 'Monaco' in France: lemonade, grenadine and beer. Super refreshing on a super hot day! | 9. The incredible view of Rocamadour as you approach the town. | 10. Celebrating English Wine Week at Chapel Down in Tenterden tasting some of their favourites over lunch in their restaurant. Check back for more on the meal and their really exciting new white wine. | 11. The frankly magical table we had for lunch at Chateau de la Treyne - it was such a great experience, there will be a blog post coming dedicated to it! | 12. Exploring the wonderfully red-bricked village of Collonges-la-Rouge.
- Here is how to pronounce all of the food names that you're probably getting wrong.
- This is how to best store all different types of fresh herbs in the fridge.
- 12 essentials you need to pack if you're visiting the Faeroe Islands.
- Also from Hand Luggage Only, here are 8 travel lessons you pick up from travelling a lot.
- Next time I'm in California, I feel that a road trip to Big Sur is in order.
- In other non-L.A., non-San Fran California news, here is a great guide to Joshua Tree. (Though, The Glitter Guide's L.A. guide is actually pretty great, too!)
- More from Los Angeles, these are the foodie spots you need to hit up in Grand Central Market.
- Oh, and according to The Everygirl this is where the locals eat in Los Angeles. Based on the places I've eaten at that they've listed, I have to agree.
- This is why asparagus comes in lots of different colours.
- Greek Gyros. As a salad. That will be all.
- Kristabel's tips for travelling as a blogger actually apply to everyone app-savvy.
- Here are 5 common mistakes to avoid when you're cooking on the barbecue.
- Also, here are 5 pretty neat ideas for what to do with an under-ripe avocado.
- I love buttermilk ranch dressing, and I love potato salad. So I want to make this buttermilk ranch dressing potato salad as my next barbecue side.
- So glad I've never fallen for any of these popular tourist attractions that are actually fake.
- These are all of Jeannie from Love & Lemons' favourite places to eat in Austin, Texas.
- This is an interesting counter argument to dropping everything to travel in your twenties.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm looking forward to Polo in the Park, especially after all of my friends sent me photos of their being there without me when I was in Los Angeles last year!