I was going to use this, my little space to chatter about whatever I fancy to put my politics hat on for a moment and encourage everyone to vote in the upcoming EU Referendum. I still think you should vote, but instead I want to pay tribute. I rarely talk about my other job in politics here because I want this blog to be a place people can escape. But sometimes something happens that hits too close to home. Most weeks I sit next to my boss, my local MP while he meets his constituents to help them with their problems at his constituency surgery. For Jo Cox, an MP with two small children to be gunned down and killed outside her surgery is unfathomable. This weekend, while you're enjoying the sunshine, and spending time with your friends and family, please take a moment to think about everyone who has lost their lives working for our democracy.
1. Enjoying my first Pimm's of the summer at Polo in the Park. | 2. Getting dressed up for the Polo in this wonderful Boden number I snagged last summer. | 3. Regent Street all gussied up for the Queen's 90th birthday weekend. | 4. An Asian inspired dinner bowl: soba noodles, king prawns, edamame beans, radishes, cucumber, spring onions, sugar snap peas, pea shoots and my house Asian dressing. | 5. Drinking (more than one bottle!) of Hush Heath's simply fantastic English rose at The Compasses Inn in Crundale. Honestly one of the best rose wines I've ever had. | 6. Rainbow freesias for the kitchen table.
- So, apparently being a fashion blogger photographer is a viable career path now.
- Also, Mulia has written a great piece on the ups and downs of being a travel blogger, which includes an overview of what exactly these press trips we go on look like.
- More on this: here is a great guide to approaching hotels for a free stay as a travel blogger.
- These are Los Angeles' most Instagrammed landmarks. I'm only guilty of about 10 of these!
- This is how to properly clean your barbecue ready for summer. Also, this is where you can find all of my outdoor barbecue recipes together in one place.
- I'm slightly in love with Cupcakes & Cashmere's new office space.
- The next stage to learn in baking your own bread: learning how to use preferments.
- A sommelier explains how you can tell if a bottle of wine is corked.
- Molly went to Ireland for the Ballymaloe Festival, and it looked delicious.
- Also, Elodie's travel guide (highlighting Game of Thrones locations) to Northern Ireland is beautiful, and really shows you how to get the most out of a weekend there.
- Are farmers markets really as expensive to shop at as people say they are?
- This is how you can make your own Cool Ranch flavour Doritos at home.
- These all of the exciting new features coming to our favourite Apple products.
- Here are 15 things you need to know about visiting the Maldives.
7. Fish and chips from the House of Commons cafeteria out in the sunshine on the terrace of Parliament with the London Eye and a row of big red buses on Westminster Bridge in the background. Visiting our London office for the day and realising how really lucky us staffers are! | 8. Breaking into a bottle of Chapel Down's new Kit's Coty single estate, oak aged English chardonnay that will change everything you ever thought about English wine forever. | 9. Getting our Shawarma on at Le Bab on a Friday night in Soho - review to follow soon! | 10. Some Born & Raised Pizza action at Polo in the Park. | 11. Picking elderflowers to make my first ever batch of elderflower cordial. | 12. Greeting the locals on an afternoon walk.
- This is the very best way to spend time with elephants in Sri Lanka.
- Also, Mulia's foodie photo diary from her time there is both beautiful and mouthwatering.
- Isn't this Spring Pea Pasta with Truffle Oil, Lemon & Mint everything you want to eat right now. It looks and sounds like late spring/ early summer in a bowl.
- Style Me Pretty has put together a great 'ultimate' wine tasting guide.
- The cookbook I'm pretty much cooking everything from at the moment? Chef On A Diet.
- Kristabel took a very colourful day trip to Sintra in Portugal.
- Next time I roast a chicken, I want to make Rose's Nesting Roast Chicken.
- This is how social media can help you get a job in fashion.
- Why did I not come up with a Marinated Grilled Flank Steak Toppings Bar?
- Claire went to the Chelsea Flower Show and her photos are simply beautiful. Also, I'm very jealous of the frankly stunning supper club she attended at Petersham Nurseries.
- This is how to make a tropical coconut cocktail inside a pineapple.
- Cocktail makers: how much is a dash, anyway?
- Amen to Amy's personal food philosophy.
- This is how you make money as an Instagram star.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm taking my father out for lunch (my mother is tagging along too!) for Fathers day. I'm driving so he can drink for a change, but my biggest Fathers Day gift to him? I've reviewed the restaurant before, so my camera is not coming with us!