Weekly Love: Week 85
1. It has been a great two weeks for me in spite of the fact my Mac Book came into contact with a glass of red wine (thank god for my old one, even if it is driving me crazy!) and I got the flu. Thing started to get a bit festive in London before I left, and I got the most incredible piece of news I could possibly get regarding my plans for next year – hopefully I’ll be able to tell you all about it in the New Year. After leaving London I headed back to my parents house and got to indulge in Christmassy things like decorating the tree, wrapping presents, dropping in to see my old school friends and planning the menu for a dinner party I’m throwing in the gulf between Boxing Day and New Years Eve.
2. Part of the Mulberry window display at Westfield Stratford City. I headed over there in order to get out of my flat Sunday before last for a bit of window shopping. Usually I do a lot of thinking about my blog when I shop alone, and this trip sparked my new Tumblr overhaul. While it used to be my place to collect pretty and inspiring photos, I now have Pinterest for that, so my Tumblr will now be like my mini diary – photos of things I have done and events that I have been to that don’t quite make my blog for one reason or another!
3. It is no secret that I love my food blogs. One of my favourites (which I love almost as much as I love the accompanying podcasts) is Joy The Baker. She has an amazing new video introducing here and her blog. Watch it, and then get stuck in – you won’t regret it!
- I really want to make these lovely candy decorative lights! (via Gala Darling)
- I can’t believe some of these fashion internship horror stories!
- Ever wondered what a disused London Underground station looks like, stuck in the time it closed with all of the old posters?
- IFB has come up with yet another brilliant ’20 Signs You’re A Fashion Blogger’ post!
- Lauduree are going to be making makeup!
- I’m totally in love with this Vivianne Westwood archive dress – I could totally see it as my wedding dress!
- Fashionista have published an interesting post about measuring a bloggers influence.
- Rose’s Baileys Biscotti Milkshakes make me wish I ate dairy.
- Amy has written a brilliant post on what British Bloggers need to know about English media law.
- This packaging blows my mind.
- I really want to try some of these recipes made with Sailor Jerry Rum.
- Kelly’s holiday photos bring back happy memories of the time I spent in Sorrento in Italy – it is truly beautiful there, with some amazing food and shops!
4. Nominations are open until 31st December for the Marie Claire Blog Awards, I’d love you all forever if I could maybe get some nominations in the ‘Best Fashion Blog’ category? (I hate to ask, but it appears that asking is the only way to get anywhere in these things!)
Current Location: Canterbury, Kent
Currently Listening To: The Love Actually Soundtrack
Currently Watching: Greek (Season 2)
What have you been enjoying this week?