Weekly Love: Week 89
1. I hope you all had a fantastic New Year and have been enjoying the first few days of 2012. I spent my evening for the second year in the row with my best friend Kathryn, having a few drinking in a few of our favourite old haunts before ringing in the New Year with an old school friend and her friends at a lovely bar called Auberry’s in our home city of Canterbury. How did you spend your evening? The next day we did a four and a half mile country walk with people from her village and their dogs (stopping at the pub half way through!) with barbecued hot dogs and mulled wine at the end of it, in spite of the pouring rain!
2. Am I the only one really disappointed by the sales this year? The only place I really found stuff I liked was Hobbs, these beautiful boots which were £199 and are now £139 and this fun striped knitted dress which was £110 and is now £85, but at the moment they were not really reduced enough for me to justify them. However, I was quite happy to get my favourite Benefit makeup brush for £9 which has been discontinued to put in stock.
- Gala Darling has some wonderful tips to start off your New Year – I’ve tried a few of them and I am so much happier for it.
- Rose has the most perfect and the most delicious hangover cure.
- I really want a pair of these Oscar De La Renta Dre Beats collaboration headphones.
- I am very jealous that Alyssa got let loose in the Deborah Lippmann factory to design her own nail polish. I think I would have made something similar, if not with a few more darker tones.
- If I had Instagram I would totally be making this great Instagram calendar DIY.
- Before reading her interview with Into The Gloss I did not really know anything about Iris Apfel, but now I really respect her outlook on age and beauty – and I’m really looking forward to the lipsticks she’s designed for MAC!
- This is a pretty awesome piece on installation art.
- What changes we can expect to the print magazine industry in 2012.
- How to shop at Teen clothes stores at any age.
- I need them to start serving this alcoholic tomato soup somewhere in London.
- I think we should all take heed of Kristabel’s 2012 style resolutions.
- I don’t even drink Diet Coke and I want to get my hands on a can because of their amazing new collaboration with Benefit Cosmetics.
3. As I said last week, I have been reading quite a lot, and reviewing the books I have been reading over on Judging Covers. Head over there to check out my reviews of The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory and The Duke Is Mine by Eloise James.
4. I have been having a Sherlock Holmes fest this week. What with the new series starting on BBC (I love Benedict Cumberbatch. That first episode was beyond amazing) for me to get excited over, I went to see the second Sherlock Holmes film on Wednesday with my parents. Last year I said that Sherlock Holmes was the best film I saw in 2010, but I don’t think this was as good – well worth still going to see though, even if it is a bit silly! (In other Sherlock news, Joy has written a great post on Irene Adler’s amazing sartorial choices in Sunday’s TV version).
5. It happened a while ago, but I’ve only just posted about it over at Hugs, Scones & Kisses: Emily from Wardrobe Block has become our first blogger to complete her blogger pledge and has raised £30 for Myeloma UK! If you have not already, make sure you head over to the Hugs, Scones & Kisses page to see what you can do to help out!
Current Location: Canterbury, Kent
Currently Listening To: Red by Dia Frampton
Currently Reading: How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran
Currently Watching: BBC’s amazing Sherlock
What have you been enjoying this week?