Weekly Love: Week 90
1. Hi everyone! I’m back in London this week as uni has started again, so look forward to lots of city and event orientated posts to come, but before I left I spent a morning wandering around the picturesque town of Sandwich taking photos from some of the holiday cottages pamphlets. I wish I could have bunches of these tulips I spotted outside the florists in my flat.
2. Things I learnt out shopping this week: if you live near a big shopping centre or mall like Westfield or Bluewater which is always so busy you can hardly move, get there the moment it opens. You have no idea how empty it will be and how quickly you’ll get your shopping done. I did not have to queue in Primark, and there is normally a 20 minute queue right around the store! Also, if you buy American magazines like NYLON and Foam, you can get them a couple of pounds cheaper (aka at a realistic price) if you buy them in Hollister.
- Every girl needs to read Rose’s anti diet, pro healthy eating guide. Also, I have put the ingredients to make her Fancy (and rather healthy) Fish ‘n’ Chips on my shopping list so I can make it next week!
- Tim Walkers photos of Lindsey Wixon for Mulberry are absolutely beautiful.
- This has to be the perfect bunch pizza recipe.
- Eeek! NYLON has a preview of the new Gossip Girl episode!
- I promise I will stop going on about Sherlock soon, but in the meanwhile here is a fun Q&A with Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Ashe has written a brilliant and inspiring post on updating your blogs ‘About’ page.
- It was ‘No Trousers On The Tube’ day this week in London. Would you have been brave enough to go it in your underwear?
- This week I reviewed Pam Jenoff’s The Things We Cherished for Judging Covers.
- The ethics of bloggers receiving freebies – from a food bloggers perspective.
- Emily shows us a foolproof way of creating a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
- We’ve read hundreds of bloggers reviews of different beauty box subscription services, but Elle Magazine has put together a fantastic review putting Glossybox, Joliebox, Carmine, Latest In Beauty, Feel Unique and Amarya boxes side by side – well worth a read!
- Alix has shot the most beautiful editorial in the snow.
- I really, really need to make Katie’s pop up cupcake pops!
3. Thank you for all your sweet and lovely comments on my City Life vs. Country Life. Writing about my personal experience of living in both the city and the country, I know it came across how much I’m not really enjoying living in London or university life, and all your lovely and encouraging comments really meant a lot to me – thank you!
4. Tastes of my childhood. Returning to my picture mission in Sandwich I indulged in one of my favourite tastes I remember from when I was a kid, a lovely warm sausage roll from the French deli on No Name street. (I have not taken the photos yet, but I am planning a blog post on this gem of a shop!)
5. I have had a totally revamp and overhaul of my Tumblr page. Instead of just being a stream of pretty pictures (we now have Pinterest for that!) it is now going to be like a mini diary blog. If I’ve gone to an event, there will be extra pictures posted up there that did not make it onto my blog, outtakes from outfit posts and little snippets of posts and photos that are great on their own but did not quite make it onto my main blog – be sure to follow, and I hope you enjoy all the extra content!
Current Location: London
Currently Reading: Teen Vogue
Currently Watching: Borgen (with English subtitles!) and Sherlock. (You know the Irene Adler ring tone in the first episode? My best friend has it for a girl. She is stored in his phone as ‘The Woman’. I could not stop laughing first time I heard it. So awesome.)
Currently Listening To: The Joy The Baker Podcast
What have you been enjoying this week?