Weekly Love: Week 92
1. If you are at all curious about Soap & Glory’s newish cosmetics line, you can get a full sized Thick & Fast Soap & Glory black mascara free with the new March issue of Elle UK (the one with Alexa Chung on the cover!) I’m not sure about how scarily big the wand is, but it gives a really good curl, length and volume to your lashes.
2. On Monday night I headed up to North London to attend #zomgbloggersbash. It was a wonderful evening, and it was lovely to be able to catch up with some of my favourite bloggers – I’ve posted some pictures from the event on my Tumblr page!
- Kat from Rock ‘N’ Roll Bride has done one of the best interviews with Gala Darling I have ever read – it is so inspirational and has such great advice for anyone who wants to make their blog into something more than just a hobby.
- The writer for BBC’s Sherlock, Steven Moffat discusses the process of creating the new ‘Sherlock’ character and the clue to how Sherlock survived that death plunge at the end of that last episode, that we all apparently missed…
- Do you really have sensitive skin?
- I love this website telling you where you should go for drinks based on your location, complete with a map of how to get there! I think they need to make this into an app.
- I want every outfit Rumi Neeley wore in Italy.
- Selin’s article about being bullied at school is a must read. It was a really heart tugging read for me, as we had very similar experiences at similar ages.
- Eliza has done a wonderful interview with my dear blogger friend Elodie.
- Why libraries have that musty smell. (via Candice Lesage)
- Do you remember when I reviewed Parisian Chic? I adore the author Ines de la Fressange’s interview on Into The Gloss.
- I love Gala Darling’s fantastic idea for how to make you feel better about yourself when you’re feeling down.
- You can now get a Glossybox. For Food.
- My best friend Tweeted me a link to 20 of the worlds most beautiful libraries and bookstores in the world, I wish one of them was in London. I really must make a pilgrimage to Shakespeare & Company in Paris at some point…
3. Over the last week or so I’ve been trying out lots of great beauty and skincare products. Stay tuned on The Glossy Guide for some reviews of some great skincare products from Clinique and L’Occitaine I have been sampling, but one products I have been really impressed with is Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream – I can’t believe that I had not tried it before!
4. I made Rose’s Fancy Fish ‘N’ Chips for dinner last week and I swear that girl deserves a gold medal for some of her recipes!
- If you go to Oxford University you can join a Quidditch team, and there is an article in The Guardian about it. I was reading the article and a name of a certain Oxford PPE Fresher stood out. I should have known my totally mental (but totally awesome) school friend Angus was behind Oxford’s first ever college team…
- I think I’ve posted this before, but does your lipstick suit your personality? Mine really does, it is scary!
- Camille’s tips on branding are a must read for all bloggers looking to turn their blog into a business.
- Bangs and a Bun has written a very thought provoking piece of blogger brand relationships and magazine blog awards – well worth a read!
- Gala Darling’s interview with a university student by day, sex worker by night is simply fascinating.
- I need some of this incredible and adorable literature inspired nail art in my life.
- Refinery 29 has some fantastic tips on how to get the best nights sleep.
- I need one of these Juicy Couture and Fifi Lapin collaboration silk scarves in my life…
- As usual, Rose has a delicious recipe for us – red velvet cookie sandwiches!
- Susannah’s post on getting married and getting breast cancer is such an eye opener. (via Gala Darling)
- I think everyone needs to read Nubby’s post on how to set your goals to end up living your dream in 2012. It has really made it clearer for me what my next move should be.
5. I just had to mention the 100th episode of Gossip Girl. It was Gossip Girl that really got me interested in clothes, fashion and really is one of the reasons I’m writing this blog today! (Oh, by the way my blog had its 3rd Birthday this week, and I’m running a little Hobbs jewellery giveaway to celebrate!) From the fashion, the beautiful bouquet to the beautiful bridesmaids dresses the episode was a fashion triumph, but it really was the writing that blew me away. Those of you who have seen it, who could possibly have seen that coming?! Also, I think I’m going to have to go through and watch every episode all over again. I’m not sure that we really know who Gossip Girl is now…
6. Along with a couple of other bloggers, I’ve been given an exclusive preview of some of the lookbook images and product photos of some of the new Motel collection that will be hitting the online store for the S/S12 season. Not only do I adore this photo from the lookbook, but I think I am going to need that dress in my life!
Current Location: London
Currently Listening To: Songs About Jane – Maroon 5
Currently Reading: The Psychology of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Currently Watching: New Girl
What have you been enjoying this week?