Weekly Love: Week 98
Spring sunshine is the most fail proof way of putting a smile on my face. This week has been a pretty chilled one, hanging out and catching up with my friends and enjoying some of the various cultural pursuits London has to offer such as the V&A, The National Gallery and the Tate Modern. I’m catching the train back to Canterbury this afternoon to spend Mothers Day weekend with my Mother and to work on the holiday cottages for a bit before heading back to London for a couple of weeks of bloggers events and my 19th birthday and dinner, before heading home again for Easter!
1. Now Spring has sprung it is time for regular Raspberry Frappuccinos from Starbucks. | 2. The London Eye from Westminster Bridge on a sunny Saturday afternoon. | 3. Outside the Yayoi Kusama exhibition at the Tate Modern on Southbank. It was one of the best exhibitions I have seen in a very, very long time and if you are all interested in art, or you are not a big fan of art but you like to see pretty or crazy things, I really suggest you go and see it – it is worth the ticket price just to see the Infinity Room where lights, mirrors and darkness really make it seem as if you can see for infinity. The exhibition runs until June 5th. (And for more of a preview, Krisabel was brave enough to sneak a few pictures in the exhibition!) | 4. Outside the V&A Museum. | 5. An absolutely delicious chicken burrito from Poncho `no. 8. | 6. If you don’t want to pay to see the whole Yayoi Kusama exhibition but still want to enjoy some of her work, in the education centre on the first floor of the Tate Modern she has recreated this childrens installation she originally put together in Queensland, Australia where anyone who walks into a totally white room is handed a sheet of coloured dot stickers and are allowed to stick them wherever they want – pretty fun and pretty awesome!
- Briony has written a guide to her favourite things to do in Paris, and she has ticked every single box so far of things I enjoy doing in France or want to do in Paris next time I visit – I can’t wait for part 2 of this guide!
- Jordan‘s Pinterest Board is making me seriously excited for the summer!
- Ming Makes Cupcakes has to be sone of the coolest and most different baking blogs I have come across in a very, very long time.
- I love the new MINKPINK for Nasty Gal collection!
- We’re all pretty used to coverage from the big three fashion weeks (New York, London & Paris, I don’t seem to hear much from Milan these days) so Kani’s post on Melbourne Fashion Week made a really refreshing pick me up!
- Want your chance to arrear of an enormous billboard?
- Andy’s photos make me seriously want to drop everything and head to the beach.
- I found Becky’s post on caring for her pet African Pygmy Hedgehog really fascinating, I love unusual pets! When I was a kid I used to keep Giant African Land Snails!
- As usual Mademoiselle Robot’s photos are giving me a serious case of California wanderlust. I remember driving through Gold Rust town on the way down from Tahoe to San Francisco last Spring – it really is just like in the movies!
As if this post needs any more Yayoi Kusama, I really, really want this copy of Alice’s Adventures I Wonderland that she has designed and illustrated. In other news, how awesome is the Super Mario-esque soundtrack?
Also, a quick FYI, if you live in London and you love Motel Rocks, they are having a sample sale at their Great Portland Street showroom (71-73 Great Portland Street) from 10am Friday 22nd to 7pm on Saturday 23rd March!
What have you been enjoying this week?