Weekly Love: Week 103
Firstly, I just wanted to apologise to you all for not updating in a while; I’ve been really rather sick in between attempting to sit my end of year uni exams. However, now I’ve finished I’ve got a lot of exciting new things planned for the blog, as well as a load of Press Day coverage from the last few days. I’m attending the iFabbo conference tomorrow which I’ll be sure to jot down everything I learn for you all! I’m moving out of my London flat for good on Sunday, but I’m sure I’ll be back in London to see people or for meetings too!
1. Kathryn eating a burger in The Diner with her Nails Inc Jubilee manicure a la Burgers and Nails. | 2. A trip to Canterbury in my new car Arabella. | 3. Sampling Pinkberry’s new limited edition Salted Caramel flavour in Selfridges – I really recommend it! | 4. Non-alcoholic cocktails because I was driving! | 5. My favourite tee shirt print at the Mercy & Wild launch. I really urge you all to head over to their website and support the amazing fundraising and awareness they are doing for Dyslexia. | 6. A mouthwatering mixed seafood platter at Cafe Mauresque in Canterbury with Kathryn
- Elodie has shot an absolutely amazing editorial for her blog to display her rose gold accessories.
- Thank you Natasha for sharing the beautiful new lookbook images for For Love And Lemons!
- Did you know that Havianas flip flops are older than Louboutins?
- Speaking of Christian Louboutin, he is launching beauty products!!!
- Gala Darlings latest roundup of lifestyle tips is pretty great.
- I hate showing bra straps with Summer dresses, so I love Refinery 29’s handy guide as to which bras to wear with different types of Summer dresses.
- Rose’s ‘Queenies’ cakes come highly recommended!
- I really recommend you check out the first issue of Aesthetic Magazine, the uni final project of one of my favourite bloggers, Michelle from Daisybutter.
- I want a phone that supports Instagram just so I can follow Jules.
- IFB has published a really interesting piece about the blurring of the line between details of our real lives and our online lives, that is especially relevant to bloggers as we are total social media junkies. They have also put together a great info graphic on if, as a blogger you should quite your day job to blog full time or not.
Finally, I would really appreciate it if you would all lend your support and nominate me in the Cosmopolitan Magazine Blog Awards 2012. You can nominate rachelphipps.com in the category of ‘Best Lifestyle Blog’ and my beauty blog The Glossy Guide in the category of ‘Best New Beauty Blogger’ – thank you so much!
What have you been enjoying this week?