Weekly Love: Week 107
It has been a quiet week for me in the countryside. On Saturday I again returned to my old school to listen to Michael Morpurgo talk about where the ideas for his books come from, War Horse and his time at school (we went to the same one) – if you ever have the chance to listen to him go speak or give a lecture do, he is an incredible speaker and it was tremendous fun. I met him at a drinks reception later that evening for a choral concert, and he is frankly hilarious. Aside from that, I have just been enjoying the few sunny days, working on the not so lovely ones (and doing the sales, I really don’t think they are very good this year, I was not even tempted by anything). To be honest, I feel like I am in some sort of a limbo at the moment; I booked my flight to Los Angeles for September 7th and it is still only July!
1. The Lantern Inn at Martin. How adorable does this 17th century country pub look from the outside? | 2. Does this look like Essie’s ‘Status Symbol’ to you? I think it might be. The bargin hunters among you will be happy to learn you can get bundles of 3 Essie bottles in TK Max for £11.50, but the colours are all labeled up wrong! | 3. For dinner the other day I made Smitten Kitchen’s Tzatziki Potato Salad – it was fantastic, I really recommend the recipe! | 4. It is beautiful views like this out across the fields to the ocean that make me glad I live in the countryside. You don’t get to see views like this in London. | 5. Enjoying the sunshine on the beach down at Sandwich bay. | 6. The old telephone box in one of the local villages has been turned into a bring and buy bookshop by the villagers – how adorable is that?
- I am rather a fan of Whit’s 2012 Resort Collection.
- I really think I ought to turn Gala Darling’s list of 100 Things To Do Instead Of Procrastinating On The Internet into my own personal bible…
- If you are in London this Summer, this is where you should be having your dinner.
- Really strange and spooky Hollywood mysteries.
- Lets learn about brown sugar.
- On their blog Laura Ashley have posted step by step photos from their most recent flower arranging class.
- Do you really need a Chanel bag?
- How to make a brownie in a mug – a need to know for students!
- I love this whimsical blog full of beautiful photography.
- This photo shoot from one of my favourite style blogs, Kayture is incredible.
- This info graphic on how to get photographed by The Sartoralist made me laugh so much.
- How to properly clean out your hairbrush.
- A foodie photo diary from Japan and Hong Kong.
- I have just added Paradise Cove in Malibu to the top of list of places I’ll be visiting next year.
For those of you who don’t know, I review books over at wonderful girly book blog Judging Covers, and this week my review of Sonia Purnell’s book ‘Just Boris’ is up, in case you wanted to know more about London’s hilarious mayor, and I have reviewed an amazing novel Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs too!
What have you been enjoying this week?