Weekly Love: Week 113
The highlight of the London Closing Ceremony for me has to be our two most senior politicians, Boris Johnson and David Cameron rocking out to the Spice Girls. In other great British news, there is a Downton Abbey Season 3 trailer out. My week basically has been the same as always, but with a few added niceties included so that I could spend more time with my family before I leave, including some fantastic meals out (see pictures below), some time spent in our local pub and another trip to the cinema to see the Batman film (I only go to the cinema about three or four times a year, so going two weeks in a row is a bit of a novelty for me!) I have so much love for Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman right now!
1. Messing around in the car with my Dad’s new Android phone. Upset he does not even know to use a Smartphone, and he now has a better phone than me, but while I look forward to my iPhone next month I can at least play with his! This is the picture he gets on screen when I call. I went a bit wild with it, if the house phone calls him her gets a photo of our house, and if my Mum calls from her car, a photo of her car on screen! (Geek out over.) | 2. I usually don’t eat in chain restaurants, but from this moment onwards I am going to make an exception for Carluccio’s – these mussels and clams steamed in white wine, parsley and chilli were perfectly cooked and simply divine. | 3. My August Glossybox arrives, The International Superstars edition and I think it was one of their best yet. There are two products in there I am already obsessed with, Lipcote and DHC’s incredible Deep Cleansing Oil. | 4. Home grown vegetables. | 5. Homemade bruchetta made with said home grown tomatoes. | 6. Carluccio’s Antipasti Platter.
- You have no idea how happy it makes me that Rumi Neely’s home has been Coveteured.
- I love this shoot with We Are Handsome swimwear – I’ve been a fan for quite some time!
- Essie Weingarten, the founder of my all time favourite nail polish brand Essie talkes to Emily Weiss about the history of Essie nail polish, the amazing names of their colours (and the history of some of the more popular shades which I need to get my hands on), shares some of her nail tips and chats about how their seasonal collections (which I always adore) are created.
- 10 New (And Unusual) Foods You Must Try + Recipes.
- I love Birchbox’s info graphic on beauty habits in America.
- What Is A Cookie: 10 Essential Internet Terms You Need To Know.
- How to make beautiful vintage teacup candles.
- This is why I want to road trip across America.
- Why all of this bother about Miley’s new haircut is simply pathetic.
- I love editorials that involve beautiful dresses on the beach.
- Why it is important to comment on other peoples blogs.
- 4 Must Have Jackets – the last one I need to invest in is a leather one!
- How to prevent your eyeliner from running.
- An interview with Jemma Kidd. I would not be able to survive without her eyeshadows.
- Because of this photo diary, Santa Barbara is going to be one of the first road trips I plan when I arrive in Los Angeles in a few weeks time.
- Learn more about one of my favourite flowers, Hydrangeas.
- Lindsey Wixon, Mulberry clothes and handbags, and big furry monsters equal the ultimate Autumn Winter editorial.
As you probably have already noticed, I’ve made some design changes to the site recently, including a new About Me page, linking to a few new other pages; Blogs I Read, Where I Shop and FAQ‘s. If there are any questions you’d like me to answer in the FAQ’s either leave them in the comments section or drop me an email!
Finally, another quick reminder if you have not already voted that The Glossy Guide, my beauty blog has been nominated for ‘Best New Beauty Blog’ in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, and I’d really appreciate your vote! Also, I’ve got a couple of reviews I wrote for some historical novels over at Judging Covers online this week; A Dangerous Inheritance by Alison Weir and The King’s Daughter by Christie Dickason – both fantastic books that I’d really recommend if you’re looking for a good read!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for this weekend?