Weekly Love: Week 114
I’ve been trying to fit as much in as I can before I say goodbye to England, so this week has included some lovely country walks, and dinner with some of my best friends in some of my favourite places, including a mouthwatering Sea Bass at The Rose Inn. On Tuesday, Sherin and one of her school friends came to visit Canterbury, and we had a fantastic girls afternoon out at the seaside, and on Wednesday I drove (it was my first time on a motorway!) my Mother and I to Bluewater for a bit of light retail therapy – I have some lovely new clothes I can’t wait to share with you all in outfit posts! I introduced her to her first ever Pinkberry (you all know how obsessed I am with the frozen yogurt chain) and I had another first in the form of a delicious Byron burger – I recommend their courgette fries; absolutely to die for!
1. A little snapshot of my outfit on a lovely day in Whitstable with the girls. The cardigan is from Monsoon, the handbag from Hobbs and the dress from New Look. | 2. I love it when my friends bring me presents, this mini Moet bottle is so adorable! Thanks Sherin. | 3. Cute little chairs outside an ice cream parlour in Whitstable. | 4. An idea at the seaside I must save for another day. | 5. Yes, I have polished off yet another delicious dish of mussels! | 6. Next time you dine at Carluccios’ order the raspberry meringue with passion fruit cream for dessert – it is absolutely to die for!
- Attention New Yorkers. Gala Darling, Nubby Twiglet and Kat Williams are going to be holding blogging workshops in New York – so, how much to domestic flights from LA to NYC cost?
- I want to try part shiny, part matte black polish nail art.
- This piece on how to get a job at the Benefit counter is a must read for anyone who shops at Benefit, regardless if you want to get a job there or not.
- How To Style A Nightstand.
- 7 of the most awesome jobs in the beauty industry.
- Could Los Angeles be the next fashion capital?
- There is now a blog that matches your beach reading to your bikini. In case you were worried your jacket cover did not match your one piece or something…
- If you don’t want to end up as a character in one of his shows, don’t go on a date with Aaron Sorkin. This piece is also great if you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to go on a date with Sorkin. Not that I have, or anything…
- Speaking of The Newsroom, what watching the show will teach you about blogging.
- I’ve read hundreds of pieces on how to get perfect clear skin, but this post actually contains some information I have never read before, and this is saying something!
- The best burgers in Los Angeles.
- Time to start shopping for Fall / Autumn Boots.
- Okay, so I need to try this braided bun tutorial at some stage…
- The history of Tiffany & Co. in pictures – I did not know most of this stuff about the company!
- Some interesting cultural points about living in Rome.
Finally, another quick reminder if you have not already voted that The Glossy Guide, my beauty blog has been nominated for ‘Best New Beauty Blog’ in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, and I’d really appreciate your vote!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what have you got planned for the weekend?