Weekly Love: Week 115
This is the last blog post for a very long time which will reach you from England. In about and hour or two I’ll be heading off to London Heathrow Airport to catch an afternoon flight to Los Angeles International Airport. If anyone has any late lunch recommendations at terminal one please leave them in the comments – they’ll go to my Blackberry! Here are the last few snapshots from the last two weeks in England, which have included dinners with friends and family (I think I’m still full from the Thai meal my parents, my two best friends and I gorged ourselves on on Tuesday night!), and one last trip to London. See you all on the Golden Coast!
1. Yayoi Kusama statues in the window of Louis Vuitton in Selfridges. | 2. Another bunch of fresh cut flowers from the Pilgrims Nook gardens. | 3. Visiting The Goods Shed, a fantastic indoor farmers, market and food hall with a wonderful restaurant on the upper level, in Canterbury. | 4. A starter of pan fried pigeon breast on a bed of lentils with chorizo at The Goods Shed. | 5. Pretty tie dye Keds with leather laces at their showroom in London, part of their upcoming collaboration with Urban Outfitters, coming soon in the UK and already in UO stores in the US. | 6. The awesome, Daily Prophet like monthly newsletter at The Goods Shed featuring wonderful articles and essays all about food.
- Hair Masks: Into The Gloss Investigates (also, this post is written by Alessandra Codinha (formerly of Womans Wear Daily, whose writing I find absolutely fantastic).
- Birchbox has put together a super simple and pretty fantastic DIY home pedicure guide.
- I want Nicolette Mason’s apartment.
- Why is shopping for foundations so difficult? (And some tips on how to get it right!)
- The Savvy Girls Guide To Packing Light.
- Speaking of Yayoi Kusama x Louis Vuitton at Selfridges, some amazing after hours photos.
- How to make the eyeliner on your waterline last a long time.
- I thing someone ought to go around London spray painting pigeons bright colours.
- The perfect power lunch in Mayfair, where you can get errands run for you, a Chanel manicure and your portable electronics charged while you dine!
- How to clean your makeup brushes properly.
- Scott Schuman on why he photographs what.
- Okay it has started to get a little chilly here in England, so I think all of my British readers ought to start work on Gala Darling’s fantastic list of 50 Things To Do Before Winter Ends.
- Amazing and magical photos from the Harry Potter studio tour.
- This is how we bloggers feel when you are wonderful enough to comment on our blogs.
- A little interview with Sophia Amoruso, founder of Nasty Gal where she chats about the surprise beginnings of her company and about her awesome, Bumble & Bumble heavy beauty regime.
- I think I’m going to have to start wearing my hair like Blair Waldorf again now Emily has posted this Grosgrain Ribbon Hairband DIY.
I did not really get enough photos for a ‘Places To Eat In London’ post, but I just had to tell you about an incredible burger I had just North of Oxford Street last week. Tommi’s Burger Joint is a tiny little goldmine in a fantastic location to either grab a lunch, or go for dinner if you’d been planning to at at Meat Liquor (just around the corner) but really could not be bothered with the massive queue. Just grap a table and grab a menu sheet, fill it out and take it up to the counter at the end. There is not a lot of choice, but everything on the menu is pretty fantastic anyway. If I were you, I’d take advantage of their £8.95 burger, crispy and golden French Fries and can of soda you get yourself from the fridge. It was the best burger I’d had in a very, very long time. The bun was lovely and glossy, and the burger was perfectly cooked, brown on the outside, but still a mouth watering pink on the inside. Inside your burger you also get lettuce, and the perfectly balanced combination of ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard. Londoners, if you don’t get yourself down to try one of these beauties, you’re seriously missing out!
Finally, I’m soon going to be launching a monthly newsletter, obviously with snippets of some articles you may have missed, but with a bit of exclusive content as well. Follow this link to subscribe so you don’t miss out!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what plans have you got for the weekend? (Mine include opening an American bank account, settling into my new apartment, buying an iPhone and exploring my neighbourhood in Los Angeles!)