Weekly Love: Week 119
Sorry I have not posted a ‘Weekly Love’ update for a while (though, that does mean you get a bumper edition of snapshot photos!), but now classes have started I’ve taken the last two weeks to really settle into the routine of things here in Los Angeles. I also went shopping, and did and awful lot of cooking and baking, fun, glamorous things, as well as spending hours doing all my reading for classes, making a start on essays, and just generally being hunched over my laptop for hours on end finally making it to the bottom of my unread emails! Now I’ve got a schedule down, I’ve started planning a lot more LA adventures like the ones I enjoyed before classes started, so stay tuned for more posts showing you what this incredible city has to offer!
1. Finally into Fall/ Autumn dressing – Essie nail polish in ‘Navigate Her’ paired with my trusty Whistles jeans and my totally awesome brand new purple sweater/ jumper from Madewell. | 2. Eating the last of the batch of my M&M Cookies sitting on the wall outside of UCLA’s beautiful Royce Hall. | 3. Another beautiful UCLA lunch spot. | 4. Some cute chevron fabric I found in a store on W. Pico Blvd. – any DIY ideas or suggestions? | 5. Late night sugar rush: Vanilla and Morello Cherry Ice Cream in a Red Velvet Waffle Cone at 10pm from Sprinkles Ice Cream in Beverly Hills (next to the famous cupcake bakery and 24h cupcake ATM). | 6. A nice big bowl of my Spicy Chili Bean Soup.
- Garance Dore on social media. I really love her!
- Where To Meet Men: The Ultimate LA Guide.
- Sending emails instead of hand written cards no longer needs to be ugly.
- I want the 10 Downing Street Cambridge Satchel.
- A little something to show blog readers that professional blogging is not all the glamour and the perks, but there is a lot of hard work that no one sees!
- I want Aimee Song’s Closet.
- The Everygirls Guide to Flower Arranging.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Life This Month.
- This is where I want to go on holiday next year.
- Who cares if I can shop Opening Ceremony here in LA, I can’t wait to visit the new London store in Covent Garden, especially as I was so gutted I missed the pop up shop.
At the very end of last week the second installment of my ‘Project LA’ column for The High Tea Cast went online! Click through to read about my first impressions of LA, and what little crazy different things have been really getting to me! I have the next two months already planned, but I’m happy to take topic requests!
7. Beautiful fragrant lilies for our apartment – $1 a stem at Trader Joe’s! | 8. I picked up this adorable, slightly rose gold nail bangle in the new Keene LA store in Westwood (Los Angeles) on Wednesday morning before class – if you’re in the area, I really suggest you go check them out (next to the California Pizza Kitchen) – such a lovely store! | 9. My go to chocolate chip cookie recipe, whipped up for my roommates to come home to! | 10. Sunday night is Downton Abbey time. | 11. My first ever piece of (apple) American Pie at Apple Pan on W. Pico Blvd. | 12. Classic red leather stools in Apple Pan.
- Hunter now make fold up boots. Totally buying these for London.
- Anyone live in San Jose? The Glitter Guide have a Winter internship position open!
- I think this is such a wonderful idea for a bride to do for her bridesmaids.
- 6 Ways To Protect Your Blogs Images.
- Briony has some fantastic tips on how to enjoy an English Autumn.
- If you have a Coach legacy handbag, you can give it a seasonal makeover.
- The secrets behind the names of design houses.
- The Savvy Girls Guide to Looking After Your Handbags.
- 5 brilliant tips for naming your blog posts.
- Style bloggers: you’ll be shocked how long it actually takes you to put together an outfit post.
- Lots and lots of cute (and free!) blog design and photoshop resources.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what have you got planned for the weekend? Hopefully my roommate and I are going to drive up to Hollywood and check out the famous flea market on the corner of Melrose and Fairfax, and I might head to The Grove in Beverly Hills to do some jeans shopping…