Weekly Love: Week 120
So, you might have noticed that there was no ‘Weekly Love’ last week. This is because I’ve decided to change the format slightly. The last time I posted two weeks ago, I had not posted ‘Weekly Love’ in a fortnight so I made a bumper edition, with double the links and two weeks worth (two collages) of photos. I actually really liked the double style, how it looked and had really good feedback from it. So, look forward to bigger ‘Weekly Love’ posts, every two weeks – let me know what you think and if you like this style!
1. Driving through Beverly Hills on a sunny Sunday afternoon. | 2. Leftover lilies in one of the sliver goblets I picked up at Melrose Trading Post Flea Market. | 3. As part of my upcoming review of The Joy The Baker Cookbook I made her Giant Cinnamon Rolls with Buttermilk Glaze.. This is the halfway stage. | 4. Adding cook books to my mental wish list in Anthropologie. I would have got it there and then if I had all the stuff to make French patisserie in my kitchen! | 5. Look what I found in LA! | 6. A lovely evening spent in the new Keene LA store in Westwood with the girls from Melrose PR – thanks for inviting me!
- If you’re in London, you need to go to the Chanel Little Black Jacket exhibition at the Saatchi – so gutted that I won’t be able to go to this!
- Please explain to me why I do not live in this apartment?
- 3 Ways To Wash Your Hair Without Shampoo.
- Are book publishers looking at your blog?
- After watching this video, I really wish I was in line for The Sartorialist book signing at Harrods.
- This is how I want to start wearing my perfume.
- 40 awesome places to order takeout from in Los Angeles.
- Beyond Chic: The Fashion Bloggers Thesaurus.
- One of my all time favourite photographers, Tim Walker is having an exhibition at Somerset House – as I can’t go, all my Londoner readers have to go see it for me – it looks amazing!
- How to take better Instagram photos.
- 32 under-the-rader places to visit in Los Angeles.
- Into The Gloss catches up with Dita Von Teese.
7. Bombay Cycle Club played a free gig in the middle of the UCLA campus. I only got to hear about two songs as I had to get to class, but it was still pretty awesome! | 8. I love these Emi-Jay for Splendid hairbands the girls at Splendid sent me – so good to put my hair up with! (Birchbox has put together a great video on how to style them different ways with different hairstyles). | 9. I love the way things still blossom in Autumn here.| 10. Stocking up on European food at the original Farmers Market next to The Grove in Beverly Hills. | 11. My amazing photographer friend Francesca Buenaflor’s first mini art show at Cacao Coffee House on Santa Monica Blvd. – there are more photos from the opening on her blog! | 12. In spite of the heatwave we’ve had in Los Angeles, the leaves are starting to turn on campus – I think this is what the Americans call ‘Fall’!
- Little tips and tricks for the perfect cosy night in.
- Why so many magazine editors are leaving journalism in favour of working for clothing brands.
- I need to start making my own camera straps.
- There are many things I love about Adam Levine, but this week it is his car.
- Style wise, we have a lot to thank Gossip Girl for, actually more than we think!
- I want to live in pieces from this Burberry collection.
- The Glitter Guide interviews the Birchbox girls: the story behind the original beauty box.
- Better than Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe.
- A 10-year-old beauty correspondent interviews the 12-year-old owner of a skincare brand.
- How your office space can effect your blogging, and what you can do about it.
- Some great tips and techniques to keep in mind when you are icing biscuits or sugar cookies.
- Can you pick up your neighbours WiFi from your house? If so, you’ll love this.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I think I might go check out LACMA with a group of fellow Brits living in LA as we have not been yet!