Weekly Love: Week 122
Hello everyone! What a few weeks it has been, as you can see below, I have done a lot of Los Angeles orientated eating and exploring, but aside from that I’ve been working hard on my final essays for this term, which by my standards I’m actually making pretty good headway with! I hope all my American readers had a good Thanksgiving yesterday, and for those of you who are wise enough not to head out and face the crowds, I thought I’d do a little bit of a roundup of links and promo codes for those of you planning on hitting today’s Black Friday sales from the safety of your sofas: Kurt Geiger is offering 20% off of your entire shop with the code KGXMAS20, Shopbop is offering up to 35% off of orders of $250 or more with the code BIGEVENT12, Madewell is offering 25% off of everything and free shipping with the code TREAT, J.Crew is offering 25% off of everything with the code COLOR25, Selfridges has 20% off Fashion, Accessories and Homewares with the code SELF20 and 10% off of Beauty with the code SELF10, and finally there is up to 50% off at Nordstrom.
1. Christmas has arrived at The Grove. | 2. Visiting the beautiful Getty Villa in Malibu. | 3. A little mid week treat. | 4. My first pizza from a really great pizzeria where they make it in front of you in Westwood; 800 Degrees. | 5. I went for a margarita pizza with pineapple, pine nuts and prosciutto. | 6. Showing our UCLA True Bruin school spirit with a car smash of an old car covered in USC, down with the Trojans slogans ahead of last Saturday’s big football game. Of course we won, but this particular expression of school spirit made me laugh. There was also a massive rally with a bonfire symbolically burning red (USC’s colour) shirts.
- What we pretend Fashion Week looks like, versus what it actually looks like – too true!
- I need to make some of these DIY glitter star bobby pins for my seasonal hair styles.
- 5 Everyday Habits Of Productive Bloggers.
- I have a thing for We Are Handsome lookbooks. They have a new one out.
- Kris Atomic has does a wonderful illustration condensing holiday gift guides, and it is hilarious!
- How to get the most out of your beauty sample sachets.
- This is why you should go to Paris for Christmas.
- How to apply business savvy to your blog from the very start.
You can now follow people on Instagram via the web with their new web profiles (which are pretty awesome looking by the way), so if you have not yet found me and you want to keep up with what is pretty much a pretty constant stream of food and palm trees, you can find me by clicking here!
Also, I know quite a few of you on Twitter have been jealous at all the different Pinkberry flavours I can get here in Los Angeles that are not available in London or at Bluewater, so I wanted to let you know that one of my favourite new flavours, Chocolate Hazelnut which tastes like a rather deliciously light Nutella, is now available in the UK until March 2013! They have some great custom made topping combos to go with it too, and if you download the loyalty card on the Pinkberry UK Facebook Page you can get your 4th Chocolate Hazelnut Pinkberry free – let me know what you think of the new flavour!
7. Typical LA palm trees down a street off of 3rd Street somewhere between Hollywood and Thai Town. | 8. My first, totally delicious taste of Korean Barbecue. | 9. Baking seasonal Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies out of the Joy The Baker Cookbook. | 10. Working on one of my term papers. My annotations always look better when they are in pretty colours! | 11. A delicious duck hot dog with onions and French Mustard in a pretzel role at Fritzi Dog at The Original Farmers Market in Beverly Hills. | 12. Shooting Chorizo, Chickpea and Spinach stew for an upcoming blog post.
- Garance Dore writes about some interesting cultural differences between France and the USA.
- 5 Easy Ways To Take Better Indoor Photos.
- Ask a bespoke tailor: How can Jame Bond fight in those suits?
- Do you “showroom” when shopping?
- Londoners? Valentino is coming to Somerset House. Why is it I’m missing all the good exhibitions and retrospectives this year?
- I wish I could take photos of Paris like these, armed with just a phone…
- 10 blogging lessons learnt by moving to a new city. Coming from London to Los Angeles, I can tell your that this post is bang on the mark.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what have you got planned for the weekend? Unfortunately I have essays to finish this weekend, but I might go get a hair cut and my ends are in desperate need of some TLC!