Weekly Love: Week 123
Wow what a few weeks it has been! This edition of Weekly Love is a bit thinner than usual, but it has been a mental few weeks with UCLA things – I finish for Christmas next Friday but I have exams to tackle first, something I have not done at this time of year since I was in school – for all my American readers who are in college too, good luck on your finals! Once I’m finished and I have some free time over Christmas, I have a lot planned for both this blog, and over at The Glossy Guide, so watch this space for some holiday wonderfulness!
1. I figured it was time to show a little school spirit by getting myself a UCLA tee shirt to wear. Obviously, I cheer for the UCLA Quidditch team, no. 4 in the world, you know! Go Bruins! | 2. Picking up a mix of essential groceries and finals week treats at Trader Joe’s. | 3. I can’t help but pick up a few mason jars of deliciously fresh pressed juice from Local 1205 every time I’m on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice. | 4. I found this amazing water bottle holder attached to a bike parked outside a wine bar on Abbot Kinney. | 5. A few cheap, but still beautiful mid week jewels I picked up in Forever 21 the first time I ever visited The Grove in Beverly Hills. | 6. Santa Monica looks beautiful in the post rain storm haze.
- 10 Ways To Troubleshoot Your Blog.
- No news piece to accompany this bullet point, as I loathe to send traffic in the direction of The Daily mail’s website, but thanks so much to The Glossy Guide’s London Editor-At-Large Kathryn for breaking the news to me that J.Crew are going to be opening in London!
- Browse the New York Store Holiday Window Displays from the luxury of your sofa.
- These penguins really made me giggle.
- Kris Atomic has some great moody, Wintery desktop wallpapers as freebie downloads.
- Christmas shoppers? You should be gift splitting!
- Gala Darling’s December activity guide.
- 10 London Vintage Stores That Need To Be On Your Radar.
- Calling all Gossip Girl fans. If you have $4,000 to spare, you can buy all of B’s headbands.
Now time for a little housekeeping: the guys at online luxury store Monnier Freres have been kind enough to put together a little discount code to help Rachel Phipps readers with their Christmas shopping; just enter XMAS10RPHPS at the checkout for 10% off their order until December 15th, with guaranteed delivery before Christmas for every order placed before noon on December 20th – happy shopping! Also, another month has passed, which means there is another instalment of my ‘Project LA’ column for The High Tea Cast online – this month, I’m tackling the American Election, from my very British, very political perspective!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? Unfortunately I’m going to be studying, though I have lots of Skype dates with friends and family back home planned too!