Weekly Love: Week 124
Just like the moment I walked out of the cinema after seeing Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part Two, and I realised that now the Harry Potter franchise was truly over, while I was watching the Gossip Girl retrospective they showed on The CW before the last ever episode aired, I realised the end of Gossip Girl meant the end of my Teens. I remember watching the Pilot sitting on my bed at boarding school, aged about 13 or 14, and sitting watching the last ever episode in my first ever apartment really was a milestone. I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it yet, but it is a strange feeling knowing if Chuck and Blair finally end up together, if Serena ever finds true love, and most importantly, who Gossip Girl has been all along!
1. The beautiful flower arrangements at the new Los Angeles branch of Georgetown Cupcake. | 2. The super sparkly and super awesome bedazzled Kitchen Aid behind the counter at Georgetown Cupcake. Apparently they have one in every branch! | 3. Marvelling at the size of vegetables here; in America, everything comes super sized! | 4. We enjoy festive glitter glue projects in our apartment! | 5. Treating myself to a Jamba Juice to get me through finals week. | 6. Watching old Shakespeare adaptations from the 1930’s by way of study aids.
- This blog post has pictures that encapsulate many reasons why I love London.
- How To Add Little Graphic Design Details To Your Blog.
- This recipe is why I love Nigella Lawson.
- Studio DIY is one of the best domestic DIY blogs I have found in a very long time!
- 4 Ways You Can Use Google To Find Blog Post Ideas.
- Some thoughts on dressing for Winter.
- Lessons on gender Joy learnt from attending Salsa and Tango lessons.
- After seeing these photos, I now want to visit Budapest.
- Every girl needs this DIY Gift Wrapping Station in their lives.
- I love this Tumblr blog reating amazing foodie Instagram photos from around London. Makes me miss writing my ‘Places To Eat In London’ posts – promise they will return to the blog the moment I move back to London next September!
- I can totally relate to how Blair Walforf’s Gossip Girl style changed this journalists personal style for ever. Now I have no more Blair outfits to enjoy there is a void in my Monday nights.
- Based in New York? IFB are hiring Editorial and Marketing Interns for the New Year.
Housekeeping wise, I want to announce that my best friend Kathryn, rather than just being The Glossy Guide‘s London Editor-At-Large, now writes the blog with me full time so it is our beauty blog now! We now have a joint Twitter account for The Glossy Guide you can follow at @theglossyguide for our updates, and be sure to ‘Like’ The Glossy Guide’s new Facebook Page!
Also, in case you missed them, and you’re still struggling with a few days to go as to what to buy your friends and family for Christmas, I wanted to direct you towards my holiday gift guides for The Bookworm, The Total Foodie, The Londoner, The Globetrotter and my round up of the best Holiday Beauty Gift Sets.
- Are Instagrams new Terms of Service going to stop you using the app?
- Remind me to visit Iceland at some stage. These photos make me want to head off there already!
- Hello new Benefit product. Fine One One is their new cheek and lip tint.
- 10 Tips For Designing A Dynamic Blog Header.
- In case you were looking for some delicious and visually wonderful canopes to make for New Years Eve.
- If you’re having people over for Christmas, you should make this festive table arrangement.
- Based on these photos of her new home, when I finally have my own place I want to hire Aimee Song to help me do all of the interiors and design details.
- Refinery 29 has put together a roundup of 10 of the best touristy yet still totally awesome things to do and places to visit – so many of my favourites made the cut!
- The strangest things on sale on Chicago’s Craigslist.
- Joy has posted many, many brilliant links to articles about Skyfall to feed your Bond obsession.
- 31 Ways To Boost Your Blog Into 2013.
- The Laura Ashley blog has a great template and step by step guide for making your own wash bag.
Finally, as I have some time over the holidays I’ve been able to sit down and read for pleasure, not just for class, and a few days ago I finished The Forbidden Queen by Anne O’Brien which I have reviewed over at Judging Covers, which I really recommend if you’re into historical fiction. It is out next year, so something to add to your Amazon wish list!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what festivities have you got planned over the next few days? I already have Michael Buble’s Christmas album playing on repeat, and I am stupidly excited to watch Love Actually again on Christmas Eve – it is my personal tradition to watch it every year!