Retrospective: Goodbye, Los Angeles
And so comes to the end of my posts from Los Angeles. I’ve settled back into life in England okay; I never really suffer from jet lag, so once the first day was over and I got my new phone set up, I was good and ready to go. I’m almost sorted with the unpacking and paperwork, and enjoying being back to work my first week on site, rather than working remotely for Pilgrims Nook Holiday Cottages. I’m rather excited to be off to London for the first time since I got back tomorrow for a few meetings and errands, and I hope you enjoy this last LA post, which is something of a round up of my favourite posts from the past 10 months in the city.
1. Food blogger adventures at The Sycamore Kitchen in La Brea. | 2. The first of many, many meals at Toast in West Hollywood. | 3. Meeting and shooting with for the first time my amazing photographer friend Nicole. | 4. Discovering the LA institution that is Joan’s On Third. | 5. Enjoying the West Hollywood sunset. | 6. Wearing Band Of Outsiders on a trip to LACMA.
1. Londoners enjoying the unbelievable weather on Santa Monica Beach. | 2. Rachel Phipps tuns 4 years old. | 3. Discovering my favourite brunch spot in the whole of Los Angeles, The Tasting Kitchen on Abbot Kinney Boulevard.
1. Enjoying one of the best meals I’ve ever had from a food truck of all places; LudoTruck! | 2. Shooting in the alleyway around the corner from my apartment in Westwood, which I think makes such a great location. | 3. Cooking things I’ve eaten around LA at home. | 4. Delicious macarons from ‘Lette in Beverly Hills. | 5. Turning 20. | 6. My birthday lunch at Gjelina.
1. Shooting photos for my profile and about page with Nicole at Venice Canals. | 2. Enjoying simply beautiful weather for Spring Break. | 3. Yet more sunsets in West Hollywood and at LACMA. | 4. Discovering that soup is actually a suitable brunch food. | 5. Visiting the famous Bottega Louie in Downtown LA. | 6. Amazingly fresh and delicious Mexican food with an ocean view at Blue Plate in Santa Monica.
1. Road tripping down the 405 South to Newport Beach, Orange County with my friend Nicole Memorial Day Weekend. | 2. Gourmet Hotdogs from Wurstkuche in Venice. | 3. My first encounter with American portion sizes at the Haute Cakes Caffe in Newport.
1. Moules Frites at Breadbar in Century City while doing final Sephora and Victorias Secret hauls. | 2. Deliciously juicy beef burgers at Short Order in West Hollywood. | 3. Multiple trips to Santa Monica Beach equals a ‘What To Pack In Your Beach Bag’ edition post.
Thank you Los Angeles for giving me one of the best years of my life, and thank you to all my new readers I’ve gained from writing about things to do and places to eat in and around the city. I hope you’ll stick with me for more recipes, as well as some ideas of where to eat and visit in London next time you visit, and a massive thank you to all my London readers who have stuck with me over the past 10 months; I promise you the next restaurant post I put online will be featuring somewhere you can actually dine at!