Weekly Love: Week 141
Wow it has been a busy few weeks, but I’m no where near as feeling as flustered as I was at the beginning of the month. And this is in a fortnight where I have successfully pulled off a dinner party for 8 people. I’m still trying to do more things than there are hours in the day all at once, but it finally feels like a good type of busy, if you know what I mean! It is so hard to believe that the Summer is practically over; you can see it in the weather is starting to turn. I was sitting watching the rain come down out of the office window the other day!
1. Baths with L’Occitane Shea Butter Bubble Bath and The White Company Scented Candles (c/o), just because it was a Monday. | 2. Look who I found on the way down to pick vegetables. | 3. My haul from the vegetable plot to make Sunday lunch. | 4. Sunday afternoon bowling with old school friends, and guess what? I won! | 5. Baking triple chocolate chip cookies to take into the office. Chocolate chip cookies make everything better. | 6. Recipe testing.
- Fans of food blog Smitten Kitchen, her UK book tour dates are now online. I went to one of her cooking demos and signings in Beverly Hills last year and it was fantastic. If anyone is going to her (sold out) first London date where she will be talking, with others about the changing world of food writing, look out for me and remember to come and say hi!
- I love Rumi Neeley’s Tokyo photo diary.
- Rose has reviewed Flesh & Buns in Covent Garden. It was already at the top of my ‘Places To Eat In London’ review list, and I’m now even more excited about eating there.
- I feel Joy The Baker should be posting more videos on her blog.
- Kristabel’s travel and photo diary from Cambodia is a must read.
- Ever cooked with Sesame Seeds? Do you actually know what a Sesame is?
- Are we putting too much salt in our foods? Personally, I’d rather die a year or two younger and enjoy delicious and well seasoned food, but that is just me.
- Dishwasher cooking exists, and it is both scary and bloody hilarious.
- Joe Yonan has some really great tips for people cooking for just themselves.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel is iconic, and photos always remind driving past into Beverly Hills.
- This piece on Fashionista about how personal style bloggers are making millions is eye watering.
Before we left Los Angeles Kathryn and I did a photo shoot so we could have some pictures of the two of use for The Glossy Guide with my amazing and super talented friend Nicole. We’re going to be posting more photos from the shoot up on the site very soon, but if you head over to our About Page now, it has been totally revamped with the shoot. It was a lot of fun, and I’m really going to miss taking photos with Nicole around LA.
7. Cocktail hour with my Mummy. | 8. Baking biscuits for the Laura Ashley blog. | 9. Drinking my lavender mojitos post photo shoot at my desk. | 10. Spinach, Bacon and Quark Quiche in progress. | 11. My latest cookbook purchase, One by Florence Knight. It is pretty awesome and a brilliant read. More about it, soon! | 12. The Mediterranean spread my Mother and I put together for family Sunday lunch.
- Helpful hidden features that most iPad users don’t actually know about. Also, one not on the list that I never knew until the wonderful Billy, one of the developers of Bloglovin’ told me about it, tap the black menu bar at the top of any page to scroll you right back up to the top again.
- Kristabel goes, eats a lot of food and takes so many beautiful photos in Vietnam.
- I love Carey’s new ‘Friday Five’ series, inspired by these ‘Weekly Love’ posts.
- How to make your own frozen ready to bake pizzas.
- Ever wanted an excuse to throw squishy tomatoes at people?
- Angelenos? Apparently Alma is the best restaurant in America.
- Food 52 tells us how to cook a lobster.
- The best places to eat in Manhattan, according to The Brooklyn Blond.
- Elle has some great tips for people starting university for the first time. She is the one to ask, not me as I really don’t like university in England and hated my Freshers!
- Rose shows you how to make a super easy, healthy and delicious egg fried rice with… Cauliflower?
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m going to a cocktail making class in London tomorrow afternoon I can’t wait to tell you all about (if it is any good!), and this afternoon I’m meeting up with my friend Katie who is in London at the moment from my Classical Epic class at UCLA (last time we saw each other we reviewed Blue Plate Taco in Santa Monica) but apart from that I’m going to have a pretty chilled time at home. I might start sorting out stuff to move into my London flat.