Weekly Love: Week 142
I’m moving back to London next week, but it pretty much feels like I’m back already; I’ve been up and down on the train so much! As you can tell from most of the pictures in this edition of Weekly Love, they were mostly taken in London, and mostly in Notting Hill. I’m actually moving to East London, but I can’t help but enjoy spending time in my favourite neighbourhood. I have a list of places to eat in London I want to go and try, then hopefully review for the blog that is over 100 places long (and I’m not joking!) and I’m really excited to finally have the chance to catch up with all the people I have yet to see since loving back from Los Angeles in the city, and to be able to enjoy some of my favourite haunts once more. See you soon, (again), London!
1. Checking out the new releases from skincare brand REN over end of Summer mocktails at Aubaine. | 2. A simply delicious late lunch at Jamie Oliver’s Union Jacks. | 3. You know Natasha from the wonderful fashion blog Girl In The Lens? I attended the launch of her first ever teen fiction novel on Tuesday night, congratulations sweetheart! You can get a copy of The Elites which came out yesterday on Amazon. | 4. A light supper in Victoria from Wagamamas. | 5. My train snack the other day courtesy of the guys at Cadbury’s. My pronouncement? the new Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Pebbles are very, very more-ish! | 6. Pretty pastel houses in Notting Hill.
- Diane has taken some great photos around the Hollywood Farmers Market. It is blog posts like this that, at times, make me really, really miss living in Los Angeles.
- I never actually ate one as the branch in Westwood opened the day after I left LA, but here is a recipe to make the perfect Chick-fil-A Sandwich at home.
- 5 Apps For The (American) Home Cook.
- I’ve heard a lot about The Skimm this week. It is basically a news subscription service for Americans where all your days news is broken down into one handy email, with explanations of why certain stories are relevant, important etc. It goes our every day 6am East Coast Time.
- Inside Joy The Baker’s kitchen. Honestly, having read her blog for years and cooked out her book all the time, when I went to visit her in Venice Beach I was shocked how small it was! Also, fun fact? That red handled wok she has hanging up used to be mine, I gave it to her when I left LA. My Chicken Fajita recipe was created in that thing!
- Independent Fashion Bloggers have put together all their posts on how to monetize your blog with advertising, affiliates and other ideas all in one place.
- 25 Signs That You Are A Real Foodie.
- Tips for growing peonies.
7. My first trip to one of my all time favourite dessert spots, Ottolenghi’s in Notting Hill in over a year. It had been way, way too long. | 8. Cinnamon and Walnut buns for family Sunday afternoon tea fresh out of the oven, adapted from The Joy The Baker Cookbook. | 9. Skewers ready for barbecuing; chicken livers wrapped in smokey bacon on with onions and sage. | 10. Spying pretty pastel meringues in Jamie Oliver’s Recipease by Notting Hill Gate tube station. | 11. The awesome decor in Union Jacks. | 12. Colouring my hair back to its usual red(ish) state after all the bleaching done by the Southern Californian sun.
- My favourite cupcake in Los Angeles is the chocolate ganache cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake on Robertson Boulevard in West Hollywood. The Everygirl sits down and chats with the sister double act behind the D.C. based company on how they got started.
- 13 Food & Drink Pinterest Users You Should Be Following.
- The best ways to quickly & safely defrost meat. Every roommate I’ve have ever had, read this!
- An interview with teen founders of hair accessory company (one of my go-to’s) Emi-Jay.
- I want a pair of boots from the amazing new Hunter x Rag & Bone collection.
- How to adapt any chocolate chip cookies recipe to your personal preference.
- I never realised how chic fishing(?) for lobster could be.
- I love Victoria’s ‘Love List’ post, Marylebone edition with some great recommendations.
- Emma & Elsie from A Beautiful Mess share their Instagram tips with Urban Outfitters.
- David Lebovitz visits a farm where Za’atar spice mix is grown (the herbs) and blended.
- I think Elsie’s ‘Guest Cart’ for people staying in her home is such a fantastic idea.
- My friend Nicole, who writes for the Ruche blog have written about the difference between Macarons and Macaroons. This is a must read.
- How to break down a whole fish.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend?