A Halloween treat from my childhood, frankfurters, hot dog rolls, radishes and tomato ketchup are turned into a tasty, gore-filled treat for October 31st.
- 6 Frankfurter Sausages (I think Waitrose’s own brand are the best)
- 6 Soft Finger Rolls
- 2 Large Radishes
- Tomato Ketchup
- Cook the hot dog sausages as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile, using the handle of a wooden spoon make a hole down the middle of each soft roll, leaving the bottom sealed.
- Slice the radishes into thick slices and cut into triangles, with a sharp tip and one end and a strip of skin at the top to make the fingernails.
- Cut beds out of the top of the sausages with a sharp knife for the fingernails and push them into the sausage, sharp end first. I think the above photo makes it pretty self explanatory.
- Squeeze ketchup in lieu of blood into the hole in each roll and insert a ‘finger’.