Weekly Love: Week 116
By the time you read this I’ll already be in France. I’ve taken reading week as a chance to skip the country and head off to the country house, so while I have posts scheduled to go off while I’m away (look out for a fantastic Christmas themed food giveaway and a recipe from a fantastic new cookbook that is released next week), look forward to another instalment of my French Food Photo Diaries when I return this time next week. I hope you have a wonderful week wherever in the world you are at the moment and enjoy the weekend!
1. An absolutely divine Toblerone Cupcake from The Primrose Bakery in Primrose Hill. It had a piece of mini Toblerone baked inside and the most divine honey chocolate frosting. | 2. An incredible Confit of Duck sandwich for lunch at Borough Market. | 3. The calm before the storm, Sunday morning at Pilgrims Nook. | 4. Enjoying a White Company ‘White Christmas’ (don’t judge!) votive candle with one of the one glass bottles of wine Sainsbury’s were kind enough to send me. I think it is a great idea if you are cooking for yourself, like I often am, as it means you are not tempted to keep on pouring if you have to open a whole bottle for just yourself. This French Merlot was rather lovely. | 5. I spent another evening doing some Autumn cooking back at The Underground Cookery School. Look out for a soufflé tutorial I shot there, coming soon! | 6. I’ve been spending afternoons doing research for my dissertation in The Globe Theatre Archive Library, and it has been the most amazing experience.
- America? My all time favourite stationary company, Sugar Paper LA have designed a stunning collection of 2014 diaries and planners for Target. I’m just gutted that I’m no longer living down the street so I can’t get the turquoise and gold wall planner to match my monogramed note cards.
- Help support and raise money for Movember by ordering the Mo’Shroom Burger at Byron.
- I want to throw this fire pit party.
- I’m usually not big on looking at pictures of weddings, but Bradley’s rehearsal dinner was simply stunning. All of those beautiful flowers!
- How to make the perfect scrambled eggs, three different ways.
- How to travel alone without ruining your marriage.
- If you live in Islington, after reading many rave reviews (even A.A. Gill was nice about it), this seems to be the place where you need to be getting your fish and chips.
- DIY raw crystal wine stoppers.
- This post on Smitten Kitchen will seriously make you rethink your homemade pizza strategy.
- If you have not already read about Trinity Kitchen in Leeds where some of Britain’s best street food has gathered together in one indoor space, reader Danielle has written a great post about it.
- Live in Austin? Here is a Mexican restaurant you simply have to visit.
- Diane has taken some stunning photos in San Francisco. Take me there, then back down the PCH to Los Angeles, please?
- This blog post is basically delicious layer cake photo porn.
7. Lazy Sunday afternoons wondering through Regents Park. | 8. London, you are beautiful during crisp Autumn sunsets. After finishing at The Globe I’ve been grabbing a hot cup of peppermint tea from Starbucks and wandering down Southbank. | 9. Seasonal vegetables at Borough Market. | 10. Speaking of Borough Market, if you see me in the afternoons wandering around London Bridge with a coffee cup in hand, it probably is not coffee or peppermint tea. One of the best things about Borough Market in Autumn are hot, steaming cups of mulled wine! | 11. The team at Liberte were kind enough to send me a selection of their new strawberry, honey and lemon yogurts to try; I’m already a massive fan of their blueberry ones. My Mummy, who is usually a lemon yogurt fan enjoyed hers, and I am rather partial to the strawberry ones. If you see them in the supermarket, they make a great breakfast food or afternoon snack. | 12. Taking in London’s famous architecture while heading to Southbank.
- Carrie’s photos from Paris make me want to hop onto the Eurostar right away. She has also put together a little Paris guide. Obviously we all need to go read it, and take note.
- Totally only just noticed this, but my Boozy Innocent Smoothie Ice Lollies were included in Curry’s round up of easy ice creams & frozen treats you can make at home.
- I don’t just love Sarah’s recent photo post of the Head Of The Charles 2013 regatta because I’m a rowing girl, but because her photos are simply beautiful.
- The Every Girl goes behind the scenes at my all time favourite stationary company, Sugar Paper Los Angeles with its founders (and UCLA alumni) Chelsea and Jamie.
- 30 Non-Americans On The American Norms They Find Weird. I totally agree with all of this.
- Move over Abbot Kinney, East London has some pretty epic street art.
- Los Angeles? You need to know about foodie event Pop Up LA, as photographed beautifully by my friend Nicole (the superstar behind my profile and about me photos!)
- Joy The Baker explains why we should always use large eggs in our baking.
- 10 Cocktails Everyone Should Know How To Make At Home + Recipes.
- A Shanghai photo diary that makes me want to visit Asia.
What have you been doing this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m looking forward this weekend, and week I’m on holiday being able to curl up in front of the wood fire with a glass of wine and a bar of French chocolate while I do my university reading, gorge myself on the local seafood and just relax a bit in the middle of nowhere.