Recipe Roundup #1: Chimichurri Steak, Chicken Pho & White Chocolate Chunk Lavender Ice Cream
So, it is time for a new feature! Lots of people have been asking me why I don’t include many recipes in my ‘Weekly Love‘ roundups every other week. The thing is, and it is really silly, it is because they bypass my system. Since about the beginning of this month I’ve actually been using a brand new and shiny MacBook Pro (the keys and battery were wearing out on my last one, and having a smaller, lighter laptop with a jazzy pro retina screen is just much more exciting!), and apparently watching me set it up to my exact specifications I’ve used on every MacBook I’ve ever had was hilarious. I can be very very OCD at times, and I like things to fit in with my ‘system’. My system for creating Weekly Love posts is having the blog post open as a work in progress, adding fun links as I find them and finishing it off with the photos and my introduction the night before.
Recipes on the other hand, go right into my Evernote Food clipper so I can get them on my iPad. Different boxes, with me they don’t seem to overlap. But then I thought it was a shame that I was finding all of these great recipes on other peoples blogs, but I was never sharing them with you? So, towards the end of each month I’m going to sift through my Evernote (which by the way, is an amazing app and my most used on my iPad, if you like to cook from food blogs and you have an iPad, I seriously suggest you check it out) and share with you some of the recipes I’m most excited about making that I’ve found on other peoples blogs, and I’ll also throw in any that may be a bit older, but I have made over the month and I’ve particularly enjoyed. It would also be great in the whole spirit of sharing brilliant things that we ourselves have not created, if you all share any links to recipes you’ve found that look amazing, or that you’ve made recently in the comments section, so this series can become one seasonal recipe forum every month? Sound good?
- Rose’s Chimichurri T-Bone & Blackened Steak Salad did not only look amazing in her photos, but all sounded stupidly easy and delicious. I adore steak, and making sauces for things, and the sauce reminded me of the amazing bites I stole of the Chimichurri at Shrimpy’s.
- One of my favourite food blogs How Sweet Eats has also done a steak with a chimichurri sauce, but this time it is a Garlic Brown Sugar Flank Steak with Chimichurri.
- I got stupidly excited when Smitten Kitchen’s Chicken Pho came up in my news feed. Not only did the pictures look amazing, and Deb’s recipes are always fantastic, but it is perfect for Winter.
- You know how I said I want to try and get more imaginative with quick and easy breakfasts? This Avocado Citrus Breakfast Shake on Food 52 is something I feel I must try.
- How Sweet Eat’s White Chocolate Chunk Lavender Ice Cream has me stupidly excited for when the lavender starts this Summer at home so I can make a batch.
- Rice Krispie Treat Pancakes with Browned Butter Syrup. I literally have no words.
- I’ve been trying to perfect the perfect sticky ribs forever, so another from Food 52, their Chinese Honey Hoisin Sticky Ribs are a must.
- One of my new favourite food bloggers Molly has made a Japanese egg speciality Tamango, which I first tried at a Japanese cookery class in December and I now adore.
- Molly has also made Challah Waffles, that should make any Jew(ish) person happy.
- David Lebovitz has made a White Chocolate Cake with Lemon Glaze. Simple perfection.
- A House In The Hills has made some Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties great for lunchtimes.
- I’ve been searching for a basic, fuss free recipe for my waffle maker, so these Overnight Yeasted Waffles from The Kitchn might be the answer.
What recipes have you been enjoying this month, and are there any above that you now want to try as much as I do? I think most likely the steak and the salad will be next for me, once I have finished work on another steak recipe I’m currently playing with.