One of my favourite brunch dishes, inspired by The Huckleberry Cafe in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Fresh Pesto
- 4 Slices Parma Ham or Prosciutto
- 1 English Breakfast Muffin
- 1 Very Large Handful Fresh Rocket (Arugula)
- Sea Salt Flakes (I use Maldon)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Slice the muffin in half down the middle and lightly toast.
- Arrange two slices of parma ham or prosciutto, covering each half of the toasted muffin. I know most of you out there, like me will just get your muffins from the store, but if you fancy trying your hand and making your own, Lottie + Doof has a recipe that looks pretty good.
- Top each half with a sunny side up fried egg (Izzy has a brilliant tutorial for getting the perfect fried eggs every time (I use her technique but with olive oil instead of coconut oil) over on her amazing blog Top With Cinnamon. It is not fair she is this talented at only 17 years old!) and spoon half the pesto over each egg. You need to use fresh pesto for the flavours to work, and to be runny enough to work in this recipe too. You can either buy this from good supermarkets (think Waitrose in the UK, Whole Foods in the USA) or from a deli in the fridge section, or you can make it yourself; BBC Good Food, my go to source whenever I want a recipe for something, as an easy to follow version.
- Finally, sprinkle over a few sea salt flakes, crack over some black pepper and sprinkle the rocket. Enjoy!