This bright and colourful mayo-free slaw is great stuffed into burgers and served on the side of barbecued meats.
- 1/2 Head of Purple Cabbage
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
- 60ml White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Salt (the book lists Kosher Salt, I use French Fleur de Sel)
- 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 60ml Cold Water
- Cut out the solid white core from the cabbage and shred it as thinly as possible with a large sharp knife.
- Toss together with the dill and the cucumber, skin on and sliced into as thin slices as you can manage in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the vinegar, water, salt and sugar until all of the sugar and salt has dissolved. Pour over the cabbage and toss.
- Set aside for at least an hour, tossing occasionally.