These beautiful little mozzarella balls are great for picnics, lunch or mezze. Also, the marinade is great drizzled over a platter of torn buffalo mozzarella and sliced tomatoes.
- Approx. 1 1/2 tubs Mini Mozzarella Balls
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds, Crushed
- Zest of 1 Small Lemon
- Handful Shredded Basil Leaves
- Small Handful Fresh Oregano, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (best quality you can afford)
- Mix together the fennel seeds, lemon rind, herbs and garlic in a small bowl with a very generous glug of olive oil. Drain the mozzarella and toss in until well coated in marinade.
- Fill the jar to the top with cheese and top up so it is full of olive oil. Screw the lid on tightly and shake well to mix the rest of the oil in with the marinade ingredients.
- Refrigerate and leave for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Consume within 2-3 days.