This delicious lavender infused, homemade lemonade is given an extra boost with a generous glug of vodka.
- 6 Fresh Lavender Heads, plus extra to serve
- 1l (4 cups) Boiling Water
- 75g (1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Lemons
- 10-14 tbsp Vodka
- Place the lavender in a small bowl and cover with 250ml (1 cup) of boiling water and set aside to infuse.
- Meanwhile, add the rest of the sugar and water to a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat, stirring gently until all the water is disolved. Take off the heat.
- Juice the lemons and add the juice to the sugar and water mixture.
- Remove the lavender stems and any additional stray pieces from the smaller bowl of water and stir it into the lemon mixture.
- Allow to cool, and add the vodka to taste/ personal preference. Enjoy served over ice, and preferably watching the tennis.