This easy tea utilises leftovers from Asian cooking, and is a great winter cold buster!
- 1 1/2 Mugs Water
- The peelings from about 2 thumb sized pieces of ginger
- 1/4 Stick Lemongrass, sliced in half lengthways
- Place all the peelings and the lemongrass, along with the water in a small saucepan. You can of course just slice fresh ginger, but this recipe is designed to use up leftovers, after all!
- Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Allow to bubble for about 4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Allow the peel and lemongrass to infuse while it cools enough to drink, strain and enjoy. If you like a lighter tea (though, if you are using this for a cold, I’d recommend you don’t do this) you can not allow the peel to steep and strain the tea before cooling.