This easy, autumnal one-tray is perfect made with your favourite sausages, and slathered in a creamy mustard sauce.
For the Sausage Bake
- 6 Heck 97% Pork Sausages
- 3 Leeks, trimmed and sliced into large pieces
- 3 Red Onions, cut into wedges
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
For the Mustard Cream Sauce
- 110ml Soured Cream (if you live in the USA and have Trader Joe’s in your state, I adore theirs)
- 1/2 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (375 degrees fahrenheit).
- In a medium saucepan heat 1tbsp of the oil and brown the sausages so they have a good colour.
- While you are doing this you can prepare your vegetables. Spread the vegetables out in a roasting dish, drizzle over the remaining oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Nestle in the sausages and the thyme sprigs between the vegetables and put in the oven to roast for an hour.
- While it is all roasting you can also make your mustard sauce by simply mixing the soured cream and the two mustards together well. If you are serving with bread, it is great dipped in the sauce!