This punchy, vibrant summer salad is all you need (perhaps alongside some boiled potatoes or crusty bread) to complete a supper cooked on the barbecue.
- 2 Large Red Gem Lettuces
- 3 Spring Onions, green and white parts sliced on an angle
- 4 Large Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls Semi-dried Tomatoes, in large slices
- 2 tbsp Nonpareil Capers
- 1 Very Large Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse, tear and scatter the lettuce leaves in a large salad bowl.
- Scatter across the top the spring onions, radish slices, capers and semi-dried tomatoes. If you can’t get these, you can use sun-dried and it will still be delicious, but not as lovely as if you were to use the sweeter, softer semi-dried.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, a good large pinch of sea salt and many grinds of black pepper to make the dressing. Drizzle over the leaves, and serve.