This is my favourite go-to barbecue marinade for the barbecue, and it is also low in all those things that make bottled sauce more of a treat option, too!
- 6 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dried Fennel Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a big dish (I crush the fennel seeds between my fingertips to release more flavour), and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs, making sure they are well covered with all the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Barbecue until the chicken is cooked through when you’re ready to eat!