This easy cranberry sauce is spiked with cherry brandy, and will make the perfect addition to your Christmas table.
- 170g (6 oz) Fresh Cranberries
- 100g (3.5 oz) Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cherry Brandy
- 40ml (8 tsp) Water
- This recipe really is as easy as throwing everything in a small saucepan and letting it gently simmer away over a low to medium heat for 10 minutes or so while you get on with something else, like preparing the stuffing or thinking ahead with your Christmas breakfast treats. The cranberries will split and pop beautifully, and the liquid will simmer away a little.
- You want to take the pan off the heat when all the cranberries have burst and look sauce like, but it is a bit runnier than you’d like your sauce; the natural pectin in the cranberries mean that it will thicken and set a bit as it cools.
- Cover and stash in the fridge for tomorrow, but remember to take it out to come to room temperature one you start the vegetables in the morning.