These super easy prawn skewers are great for a last minute barbecue!
- 300g Raw King Prawns
- Small Handful Flat Leaf Parsley
- Small Handful Fresh Basil
- Small Handful Coriander
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Either by hand or in a small mini chopper (I use this Kenwood chopper which I use for so many different things, certainly a kitchen essential) chop the herbs, without stalks as fine as possible so they’re practically a paste.
- Transfer into a medium bowl, and stir in the garlic and the lemon juice, and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the olive oil and add the prawns, mixing around very well so they are well coated. Leave to marinade for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak 6 barbecue skewers in a clean sink of water. Soaking the skewers means they won’t catch light on the barbecue and makes for a much better cooking experience.
- Divide the prawns between the skewers, and pour over the remaining marinade so they can carry on seeping while you wait for the grill master to pronounce that everything else is cooked, and it is time to give the prawns just a quick cook through before serving.