The classic dutch baby pancake is here given a festive twist with gingerbread spices and pomegranate.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Golden Caster (Granulated) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- Large Pinch Ground Cloves
- Large Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Plain (All Purpose) Flour
- 5 1/2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 25g (1 oz) Unsalted Butter
- Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Generous Handful Pomegranate Seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (390 fahrenheit).
- Whisk the eggs until light, thick and frothy. Beat in the sugar until dissolved. Add the flour, spices and salt, and beat until smooth. Beat in the milk until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a 9 inch (preferably non-stick) frying pan with a heat proof handle over a high heat. Swill the pan around so it coats the sides. Pour in the batter, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with a generous dusting of snow like icing sugar, drizzle with the molasses and scatter with the pomegranate seeds, and slide out onto a warm plate. If you fancy it for a Christmas breakfast (while I, for yet another year running attempt to perfect a Christmas morning waffle batter), serve with bottomless Bucks Fizz and enjoy!