This really easy, Mexican-inspired vegan black bean and sunflower seed dip is the perfect healthy dip to serve with pitta and crudités.
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) Tin of Black Beans
- 1/2 Green Chilli, plus extra for topping
- Large handful Fresh Coriander (including the stalks), plus extra for topping
- Zest of 1/2 a Lime
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Generous Handful Sunflower Seeds, plus extra for topping
- Good Glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for topping
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a small food processor, whizz together the black beans (drained and rinsed), green chilli (deseeded and roughly chopped), coriander, lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, sunflower seeds, olive oil and a generous seasoning of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Blend until your desired consistency (I like it quite smooth, but still with a bit of bite).
- Taste to see if you need any more salt.
- You may want the dip a little looser; if so, add a little water before blitzing again.
- Spoon into a serving dish, and top with fresh coriander leaves, a few more pumpkin seeds, a generous drizzle of oil and a little bit more chopped green chilli.