This Almond & Lemon Crusted Salmon is a healthy and flavourful way to mix up a regular weeknight supper.
For the Salmon
- Big Handful Flaked Almonds
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few sprigs of Dill
- Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 2 Handfuls Cherry Tomatoes, on the vine
For the Salad
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Large Spring Onions
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (400 fahrenheit).
- For the salmon, roughly chop the almonds, and combine them with the mustard, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and the dill, also roughly chopped. Season well with salt and pepper, and divide the topping between the salmon fillets, pressing it gently into the salmon to form a crust.
- Lay the salmon out on a baking tray lined with baking parchment along with the tomatoes. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Half the cucumber down the middle and thinly slice. Also thinly slice the red onion and spring onions, and toss everything together with the white wine vinegar and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Just before serving, cube and stir in the avocado.